Do Yes! putters work

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
This one didn't work for someone. I picked up a Yes! Callie 12 putter at AG yesterday marked "Second hand". It still had all the stickers on it as well as the transparent sticker on the sole. Looked brand new. I wanted something to give a better roll because I'm sure some short putts miss because the ball skids off in the wrong direction. The C grooves are supposed to help get the ball rolling. I tried some blade type Yes! Models but they were all too light and I just can't putt straight with anything with a curved back so I gravitated towards the Anser type again.

Anyone had any experience with this make of putter? Just off to the club now to give it a try.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if they do what is claimed, nice putters though.

Have you looked at Rife? They have the grooved face but all across the face rather than just the c grooves.

I've a Rife Aruba at the moment which is an Anser style and really very nice. Can be picked up cheap asmchipsmon the bay aswell.

I probably prefer the Rife to Yes....

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Not sure if they do what is claimed, nice putters though.

Have you looked at Rife? They have the grooved face but all across the face rather than just the c grooves.

I've a Rife Aruba at the moment which is an Anser style and really very nice. Can be picked up cheap asmchipsmon the bay aswell.

I probably prefer the Rife to Yes....

Might try a Rife if the Yes! doesn't work, my local club bender sells them. Just tried the Yes! & the ball seems to come very soft off the face for a putter without an insert.

D

Deleted member 15344

All putters "work" if the ball is sent on the right line and length

London mike 61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a yes! Tracy putter which is a blade putter, I had a mid size grip fitted on it and it works kind of ok ( I need a putting lesson so it is probably me ) because I like a blade that is light- ish as I tend to be quite firm with putts.

The C grooves are good though and I only get a little bit of skidding on long putts.

The only thing I would really like is a blade putter but with a longer alignment line on the back of the club, I don't like the half mallet type much cos I would send it across the green like a rocket.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If you have a very repeatable stroke then they're good.
I had one and found that if I missed the middle of the grooves I got an incredibly inconsistent strike.
OK, miss the middle on any putter and you lose accuracy and distance but I found the Yes impossible to predict...

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
My putting has gone from strength to strength this year after ditching a mallet-headed putter with a HUGE superstroke grip to a Yes! Callie with a tiny grip.

Is it the putter, or is it confidence looking down at a nicer looking head? Dunno. Don't care.

Whatever works.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have the Yes! Callie, i have the i4 tech one which is a kind of bronze finish, feels heavier than my old TM. I love mine, so much nicer than my old TM insert putter, roll seems very true and the feel off the face is awesome. I am starting to get pretty confident with it!

John_R7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have a Yes Callie 12. Shortened, back weighted and round parallel grip. Works for me after ages of trial & searching.
I putt like a demon with it :D.
Give it a go and good luck.
If you are off centre it feels & sounds different - for me this is good as you should be hitting the centre every time. This tells me if I didn't.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you have a very repeatable stroke then they're good.
I had one and found that if I missed the middle of the grooves I got an incredibly inconsistent strike.
OK, miss the middle on any putter and you lose accuracy and distance but I found the Yes impossible to predict...

I agree with this, when you hit the "groove" the ball flies but any off centre hits are punished and uncertainty starts to grow.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Er...Yes!

Only had 1 Yes putter that didn't perform 'true to form' - and previous owner (a mate) confirmed he'd had it tweaked a bit.

Victoria was my favourite until the Betti(s) took over.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Had both Rife and Yes! putters with grooved faces and also Heavy putters with grooved faces. My opinion is that they do work & roll better than ordinary faces or inserts. Any grooved face also feels softer to me than a plain face. Can't say I've experienced Imurg's issues with off-centre hits on the Yes!.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Well, I've played two rounds with the Callie 12 now. Quite like it, good for distance control but, after using a milled putter, the ball definitely comes off the face softer. I've left a few putts dead on line and two or three inches short. You really have to remember to give it a firm stroke. Got the ball rolling nicely though and I holed a few 5/6 footers today which I'm prone to missing. Will give it an extended run while the Ping learns its lesson in the naughty cupboard.