Do I not like that....

Burnsey

Visit site
Did he tell him this for sartorial reasons and it annoyed him or was it genuinely a rule at that club? Part of me wants it to be the latter. For that to be itemised as against club rules would be really quite funny 😄

The player just obliged rather than question, so never found out.

Caps worn backwards irritate me a tad, but seemed a habit for him on tee shots, maintaining a peak forward for other shots.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Caps worn backwards irritate me a tad, but seemed a habit for him on tee shots, maintaining a peak forward for other shots.
Could be habit, for luck, how he looks at the ball with driver ?

I might do it occasionally if I have a shot and I can feel the sun burning on my neck. I wouldn't do it for fashion reasons. If someone told me to turn it around I'd raise a Spock eyebrow at them and carry on 😂

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Could be habit, for luck, how he looks at the ball with driver ?

I might do it occasionally if I have a shot and I can feel the sun burning on my neck. I wouldn't do it for fashion reasons. If someone told me to turn it around I'd raise a Spock eyebrow at them and carry on 😂
No way would I be turning it around.
That’s just ridiculous 😂

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
If a club is open to the public, and welcome non golfing visitors, as most do nowadays - surely having strict clubhouse dress codes is counter productive.

If a family walks in and the dad is dressed in joggers, a hoodie and cap - and is asked to remove his cap by a member - would it result in a positive outcome for the club? Personally, I doubt it would.
Have you played at The Manor in Drighlington? They had/have a rule where golfers had to abide by a “traditional” golf dress code. Members of the public could wear whatever they wanted. There would often be groups of men in filthy work gear sat in their clubhouse drinking.

Strange place.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site

I don't generally wear a cap with a peak facing backwards but I do turn it round occasionally to face backwards if its raining so the drips don't fall in my eye line, particularly on putting /chipping.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't generally wear a cap with a peak facing backwards but I do turn it round occasionally to face backwards if its raining so the drips don't fall in my eye line, particularly on putting /chipping.
Same here, and also if its a particularly hot day I'll turn it round to protect my neck when the sun is behind me.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
'The referee's got me the sack. Thank him ever so much for that won't you?'

graham-taylor-435658.jpg

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, it doesn't. 🙂

so what will you do?
Would you actually stay away from a club if they made you take your hat off in the clubhouse or tuck in your t shirt on the course? Or make you wear long socks - not a favourite of mine but would never worry about it as insignificant compared to the golf and day out

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
so what will you do?
Would you actually stay away from a club if they made you take your hat off in the clubhouse or tuck in your t shirt on the course? Or make you wear long socks - not a favourite of mine but would never worry about it as insignificant compared to the golf and day out
I take my hat off when I go in obviously. I never tuck my shirt in to be honest with you, but I can't remember the last time anyone actually called me up on that. The sock thing shouldn't ever be an issue as I'll always be wearing white socks.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I take my hat off when I go in obviously. I never tuck my shirt in to be honest with you, but I can't remember the last time anyone actually called me up on that. The sock thing shouldn't ever be an issue as I'll always be wearing white socks.

It’s not difficult to tuck a shirt in

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

there are a lot of clubs that, in most ways are now pretty relaxed and have modernised a lot, but will still insist on shirts tucked in. My club is fine in the bar with shirts out and jeans etc but the starter would pull you on your untucked shirt before you have teed off

Leftitshort

Visit site
Sell out 🤣