Divider padding worn down

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hey,

The padding on the dividers on my bag has worn down and ripped. Has anyone ever tried to fix it? If so, what did you use and how did you stick it down?

Or is the only option a new bag, don't fancy the plastic banging off my clubs every round and the rest of the bag is absolutely fine.

Thanks!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Faced with the same predicament as the OP, i would do what 99% of the others on this forum do.!!!

Buy a new Bag;)

Wouldn't want to damage any of my clubs now would I, should probably follow this advice ;)

This is my last resort though, would like to give fixing it a chance

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've got the same problem and haven't found a good solution yet. A new driver shaft gets bag rub on it in about 3 or 4 rounds.

I feel loathe to buy a new bag because that's the only thing wrong with mine, apart from being a bit grubby :eek:

It might make the decision easier if the bag I wanted wasn't £249!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I've got the same problem and haven't found a good solution yet. A new driver shaft gets bag rub on it in about 3 or 4 rounds.

I feel loathe to buy a new bag because that's the only thing wrong with mine, apart from being a bit grubby :eek:

It might make the decision easier if the bag I wanted wasn't £249!

Try a tour bag... nothing to rub against, My current bag is like new and two years old and i Use it a lot.... (see how many games for far this year thread):rofl::rofl:

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I am going to give a few of the suggestions in here a go over the weekend and see if i can get it to stay on and not look terrible. If it goes terribly a new bag will be purchased!

mtcmolloy

Visit site
I am going to give a few of the suggestions in here a go over the weekend and see if i can get it to stay on and not look terrible. If it goes terribly a new bag will be purchased!
What did you go for in the end?
I know a new bag is nice, but I now have four and buying new things instead of fixing or insisting on better quality is probably not sustainable.

Your OP should be framed by what kind of bag you have. Mine is a carry bag, so the construction is lightweight. Most golfers on here seem to insist on the tour style bag and new shoes or gear every year.

My wife's bag divider damaged her 200$ driver and it's down to poor bag quality. The dividers are made from the stuff you'd expect to cover a lightweight pair of trainers with. If it's not smooth, and it creates friction, then it's basically a rip-off, purposely manufactured to encourage throwing out and re-buying. Same with the rear heel inside of my (otherwise great) adidas shoes. The material should be smooth and frictionless, like they used to be.

We should not continue to accept poor quality, and we should not expect to buy a new bag every three years, because golf is a life long activity, no?

BTW I did fix a carry bag using multiple one inch velcro ties - something I think used to tether power cables together. It might not work depending on bag design. Or you may even need to rip out some of the 'length of the bag inner dividers' (which are a waste of time anyway), but it's very durable and is still intact 2 years later.

FYI: I also duct tape the area of the driver shaft most damaged, but have yet to find a better solution - such as some kind of siphon tubing or similar to a very narrow bike tyre inner - now of course much easier to slide on if you have a driver with a changeable head.

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know a new bag is nice, but I now have four and buying new things instead of fixing or insisting on better quality is probably not sustainable.

My wife's bag divider damaged her 200$ driver and it's down to poor bag quality. The dividers are made from the stuff you'd expect to cover a lightweight pair of trainers with. If it's not smooth, and it creates friction, then it's basically a rip-off, purposely manufactured to encourage throwing out and re-buying. Same with the rear heel inside of my (otherwise great) adidas shoes. The material should be smooth and frictionless, like they used to be.

We should not continue to accept poor quality, and we should not expect to buy a new bag every three years, because golf is a life long activity, no?
when one of them on my bag wore a bit i stick some duct tape on it, still working a year or so later, doesn't look great but better than a hole and the club rubbing against a hard surface inside

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On my very old Sun Mountain carry bag I went for Velvet type material and fabric glue.

When it happens on my main trolley bag I buy a new bag.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have used Velcro tape (the soft part not the part with the hooks) before for this on a bag.
Why buy a new bag when less than £2 spend on Ebay will have it good as new.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I have used Velcro tape (the soft part not the part with the hooks) before for this on a bag.
Why buy a new bag when less than £2 spend on Ebay will have it good as new.
Stop being such a spoilsport :p

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Your OP should be framed by what kind of bag you have. Mine is a carry bag, so the construction is lightweight. Most golfers on here seem to insist on the tour style bag and new shoes or gear every year.

BTW I did fix a carry bag using multiple one inch velcro ties - something I think used to tether power cables together. It might not work depending on bag design. Or you may even need to rip out some of the 'length of the bag inner dividers' (which are a waste of time anyway), but it's very durable and is still intact 2 years later.

FYI: I also duct tape the area of the driver shaft most damaged, but have yet to find a better solution - such as some kind of tubing or very narrow bike tyre inner - now of course much easier to slide on if you have a driver with a changeable head.

I managed to fix it using a microfibre cloth and fabric glue with a bit of soft padding.

I did get rid of that bag though. Got a new one and the same thing is happening. I caught it earlier though and did the same thing without the padding as the padding was fine.