Ditching the driver

GuyInLyon

Visit site
It may be a mini, but it's still got the name driver :eek::ROFLMAO:
So does she.

Minnie-Driver-Modern-Love-saison-2-Jouer-dans-un-seul-episode-c-est-frustrant.jpg

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I ditched mine and it temporarily hid underlying issues. soon after I was down to irons. my advice is get lessons with it and practice. Learn to love your driver again.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I ditched mine and it temporarily hid underlying issues. soon after I was down to irons. my advice is get lessons with it and practice. Learn to love your driver again.

The plan is to work on it at the range over the winter but with the 3 wood going straight, I will quite happily sacrifice distance for accuracy.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is another thread on here about resetting yourself when it starts to fly in all directions..
I was out the other week with a guy who was struggling with his driver and irons were a little wayward as well.
So we had a little chat and I got him to slow himself down on the back swing- this helps your transition because your body gets more time to start the down swing. I also said I would watch the flight don’t worry about that.
Strangely everything improved significantly and the strike was out the middle area, the amount of shape had significantly reduced (less than 20yards left to right or right to left .. is awesome be happy with that) predictability was back. The confidence came back and total change in mind set from I want to stop, to can we play some more holes was great.
So yeah I know don’t listen to your playing partner for advice is the rule of thumb here .. but simple observations can always be useful. Especially if you don’t have a clue or the discipline to slow down and analyse yourself

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
The plan is to work on it at the range over the winter but with the 3 wood going straight, I will quite happily sacrifice distance for accuracy.

You shouldnt have to sacrifice anything. This is the weak minded response. There is nothing stopping you hitting long straight drives other than for a lack of trying. If you can hit a straight 3 wood then there is no reason you cant do the same with the driver.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You shouldnt have to sacrifice anything. This is the weak minded response. There is nothing stopping you hitting long straight drives other than for a lack of trying. If you can hit a straight 3 wood then there is no reason you cant do the same with the driver.

Not weak minded at all, more to do with age and golfing ability. I have hit a decent driver in the past and have persisted with it for far too long. It appears that I hit my 3 wood as far and straighter than most of the other seniors hit their drivers so that will do for me for now.