disqualifed rule 6-6(b)

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
With the utmost respect, I'm surprised you're not causing more of a fuss.

This sounds like the most pathetic, unwelcoming, horrible behaviour from your club - is this really somewhere you want to be a member?

Why be so churlish and try to disqualify you under this rule in the first place? How absurd.

If this is how they treat members I would be looking to encourage others to leave.

There's a massive difference between being pedantic and being pathetic. Disqualifying someone for not completing their full name smacks of corruption - did the club captain come 2nd behind you, by any chance?

Quite astonishing. Name and shame the club!

georgedooley

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for all the updates

I have raised this with the committee and it looks like an incorrect ruling and I expect it to be overturned.

I'll update later.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Strictly speaking it can't be a local rule, but it could be a condition of competition, although I rather doubt it is.

I'd be suprised to find the conditions of competition could waive a rule of golf.

georgedooley I think they should look at it as they are so hopefully the outcome will be postive for you. I would also hope it was just an oversight or misinterpration on their part and they hadn't checked it out properly rather than an alternative to that.