Dispute with Golf Club

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pleasington, near Blackburn.
There’s a fair few pictures on Twitter and Facebook of the works going on. Several hundred tons of earth moving on the 6th hole alone.
6, 10 & 11 are being done this winter, but it means no access to 7, 8 & 9 either.
The main earth move is done, but still lots of works going on and allowing the turf to get laid and settle in.
So far we’ve had 1-3, 7-9, 12, 16 & 18 through the renovation process and the changes to those is brilliant. Takes everything up a couple of notches.
The next two winters should only see 3 holes out each time.

I used to play Pleasinton a couple of times a year but havent been since Covid, I must make an effort it is one of my favourite inland courses in the North West

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Assuming a members club - how else are they going to be able to afford the work if they do not get in all the fees that are due?

There is a course near me that regularly closes the back nine during the wet weather and as it is near a river and on a flood plain that can last for months.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Were Members involved in the decision spend this sort of money? Many clubs' Articles or constitution require General Meetings for large expenditure.
They are certainly looking to recoup very quickly. The Open rates for next year have been increased by 50% to £45 per person. it is a class Course.
Preston, Fulwood increased their prices for this season from £30 to £40. There were very few takers and eventually they reduced back to £30.

I accept Clubs need to recoup costs but there is a price the market will stand. St Annes OL Final Open qualifying increased there prices from 45 to£55 and whilst usually full after 2 days after 10 days only half full.

In answer to the original question have you contacted The Club asking what their thoughts are and whether a refund/ partial refund is likely?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We've had a new irrigation system and major bunker reconstructions over the past few years but we did manage to keep the course open with minimum disruption.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Played at Pleasington a couple of weeks ago, really enjoyed it, one of the top quality courses in the area, I presume it’s the holes across the railway.