Disappointing but not surprising

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
What does that achieve, besides arguements. Its the data that costs, not the 1 euro SIM.
If it’s a family holiday I’d imagine you’ll be in close proximity most of the time.

Pop one sim in your phone, pay for one months unlimited data. Everyone sorted.

tbh the whole issue is a non story imo. Wifi is eveywgere these days, and if you’re somewhere it isn’t. Enjoy yourself whilst there instead of being on your phone.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
If it’s a family holiday I’d imagine you’ll be in close proximity most of the time.

Pop one sim in your phone, pay for one months unlimited data. Everyone sorted.

tbh the whole issue is a non story imo. Wifi is eveywgere these days, and if you’re somewhere it isn’t. Enjoy yourself whilst there instead of being on your phone.

I'll run that past my 5 teenage kids and get back to you ??.

Personally I'll get buy, but to pretend it's a non story is silly. Cancellling the word Curry is non story
Running 7 phones is fun enough without having to worry about roaming charges next time we go away!

D

Deleted member 23270

I'll run that past my 5 teenage kids and get back to you ??.

Personally I'll get buy, but to pretend it's a non story is silly. Cancellling the word Curry is non story
Running 7 phones is fun enough without having to worry about roaming charges next time we go away!
Why does anyone need 5 kids?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I figure I don’t need to change my current tariff or renew … if I don’t do either will I be liable for a roaming charge on BT ?

Looks like BT allows you to use your minutes abroad and no extra charges. Guess they have cornered the market now ?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
This would be a real opportunity for some company (looking at you, Three) to market with ‘no roaming charges’ knowing that it’s a tangible benefit at most, but a lot of people will/might on it.
It seems that the responsible people at Three are not reading golf forums.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58501527

From 23 May 2022, customers who have taken out a new or upgraded contract after 1 October will have to pay £2 a day to use their monthly allowance of minutes, texts and calls in the EU.

I am on an old legacy contract, sim only. Does it mean it doesn't affect me?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It seems that the responsible people at Three are not reading golf forums.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-58501527

From 23 May 2022, customers who have taken out a new or upgraded contract after 1 October will have to pay £2 a day to use their monthly allowance of minutes, texts and calls in the EU.

I am on an old legacy contract, sim only. Does it mean it doesn't affect me?
I'm also with 3, have been for years, and have just renewed my contract with them. I'm in the same boat, looking at the small print for their wriggle room. It looks like we should not be affected but I suspect we ultimately will be, I'm sadly cynical like that.

My guess is that even though you are on an old contract you actually get updated every 1-2 years so technically they are within their rights next time up to add this charge. My current contract, an extension of my current one, starting 23.09.21, lasts one year. Come 24.09.22 I expect them to be charging me for roaming :(

I will be disappointed if that is the case. 3 pushed themselves forward as a company that would not bring this back so for them to do so is poor. They could have stood out and picked customers up on this issue.