Dirty Thieving Scumbags - Irons Pinched

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Left it a while before posting in case it was a prank by a pal.

Was clening my irons out the front of my gaff last night (9.00pm) but had to nip indoors and grab the phone.

Was gone all of 2 minutes but when I emerged from the house my Cobra FP Irons had been stolen.

Can't claim off the insurance as unattended. Not reporting it to the police as the embarrassment would be awful.

My only hope now is that the low-life 'fesses up and brings them back as I have made sure that the word is out. I am actually very insulted that somebody from my manor would steal from me. I know it is seemingly prejudiced to some but knowing my own patch I have an idea on the nationality of the thieves.

Luckily for me I can still play, the lads at Centregolf Chatham kitted me up with a 2nd set of Cobra 3100's (which I rate anyway) for just the £70 they gave as p/x, I can't thank them enough as these would be around £160 on ebay, once again the fellas there have helped me wonderfully.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hear that Jon, Hope you find out who did it and when you do, Cut the danglies off!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jon, take the embarrassment. If you can run the ******* to earth (and get the court to do something meaningful) it will be worth it.

Not doing so will encourage them

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah no shame in it mate, you should be able to leave em on ya door step with out some little piece of disease runnin off with em. Prob not many people in your area own a set of them so chances are someone will spot em!

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Have to agree with others, you must report it, you never know the police may pick someone up for something else and find your clubs (if they don't know yours are missing they won't come asking).

It may also be worth checking the local ads (newsagents, cash converters etc.) if someone is trying to get rid of them quickly.

Hope you find your clubs and the vermin that took them.

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Keep your eye on ebay! You can pretty much bet they weren't stolen by a golfer! Hope you have some joy in getting them back mate.

ACP

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
You wouldn't be hinting at East Europeans would you? I would report it to the Police but i would imagine unless they are caught on camera pulling a golf bag and trolley at high speed past a speed camera they won't do anything.

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Shane you didn't catch them in the act. A nice 5 iron round the head would've gone down a treat.

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I were you as well as just thinking about second hand shops ie cash converters, let some of the local ranges and golf courses know, as they are inevitably not golfers, just drug addicted scum who will try and trade them in for a bit of cash to fund a habit. I say this as someone I know who had his slubs stolen with his car managed to get his clubs back (which the dirty Scum had cleaned to try and get some more money) as his local range manager had been informed and then someone came in and tried to trade in the clubs for cash. The manager asked him to wait there whilst he valued them and called the police from his office! Hope you get them back, and if you find the little bugger don't hold back!

As for insurance that is typical, any bluddy way to get out of paying up!

Sorry to hear about it though, best of luck.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mate I have a car,a baseball bat and a very nasty temper.

If you find out who they are I will pop in and have a "chat"

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was it just the irons they nicked? I only ask because, whilst I do not have any spare irons sitting around, I have a 3 wood and a hybrid that I would happily lend whilst you get yourself sorted.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Before people carry on with their testosterone-fuelled 'I'm right hard me' brands of vigilante justice, it is worth pointing out that publicly declaring you will 'do' someone is not that smart in the event of anything happening to that someone, or indeed anyone who now gets 'hurt' in your respective areas and happens to know about these boards.

I am at times deeply concerned by the tone of some comments on these boards and only hope it is nothing more than bravado brought on by the safety of the t'interweb.

MWJ - sorry about your clubs and good luck getting them back, hopefully without the need to resort to violence. Whatever your opinions on the Police, if you don't give them the opportunity to prove you wrong, they never will. Not that I expect they would in this case, but if we all take the view of 'what's the point?', we let them get away with their failures - which we are all paying for lest we forget.