One length Cobra SZ irons

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Morning all,

Just used my new set of Cobra SZ speedzone irons 5-pw+gw for the first time at driving range, 21° hybrid comes today.
I have struggled with irons at the range and on the course so decided to invest in these. My theory, as I am new to golf is that hitting one length clubs may be easier for me to master opposed to someone who has played for years with variable length.
I've been driving range alot since I started playing in December and I've played a few rounds, badly.
Wow, these really worked for me, I hit every club longish and straight, and no issues with the pitching and gap wedges.
Hopefully I will now see an improvement in my game as I was getting frustrated at hitting a 7 iron well then struggling to hit a 6 iron for instance.
The clubs felt great, made a nice cracking noise when I hit the ball.
Overall I really enjoyed these clubs on the first session with them.
Anyone wondering whether or not to try them should give them a go.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've always liked the idea of a shorter 6 & 5 iron but a wedge at 7 iron length sounds horrific. Hitting a short iron / wedge into a green is a treat in golf, but hitting something that feels like a 7 iron to only go 100-120 yards would take a while to get my head around I think. Ultimately I just use hybrids instead of long irons anyway so the overall benefit would be zero to me now.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tried them and thought the same about ease, but the flight of the 4/5 iron was far too flat a the higher clubs went into orbit. Tried the hybrid and felt like I was using a junior club. Just wasn't for me, but hope they work out for you.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Just read the replies, thanks for that.
You all are more established golfers than me and I understand how they would feel strange to you.
For me as a new golfer at 49 years old I feel I won't notice that the wedge feels strange because I've not mastered or played long enough with the variable irons for it to feel weird.

Myblueheaven

Visit site
Have always fancied one length clubs, but was put off by a couple of comments saying they didn't suit players with a slower swing.

Well I wouldn't imagine my swing is a fast one but I was hitting the 5 iron around 200 yards and the seven around 160/170 ish. To me those distances felt good, I wouldn't even use my driver !

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I tried hitting the Cobra one length irons when they came out. I simply couldn't get my mind to accept a PW at 7 iron length and so never fully committed to the swing. It also felt alien trying to hit chip and run shots with a longer club and more loft