Dirty Thieving Scumbags - Irons Pinched

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
So sorry to hear that MWJ - that's terrible.

Are you 100% sure that pursuing a claim through your home insurance isn't worth looking at? I know the devils' in the detail with these things but stolen is stolen and they were on your property even if unattended for a moment.

No matter how you may feel about it, the police will have heard and seen a thousand things worse and won't bat an eyelid i'm sure.

Regardless of how you deal with it, i'm sure it can't be easy at the moment- best wishes mate.

bill

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bad news....not good, so sorry to hear. Report it (you never know, my mate got his camera gear back 6 days later 50 miles away). I'd claim as well, or at least try....I got the money for a bike that was nicked whilst I was going round the back to unlock the passageway gate....you can only be vigilant to a degree, no-one is 100% perfect.
What a downer....grim....I do feel for you.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
GB72, thanks for the offer mate. It was however only the irons that good pinched luckily.

I know that they would throw the insurance claim out and even if they did pay out my premium would sky rocket as insurance is dear enough already where I live.

As I have explained, the police route is definately out, they they wouldn't stop laughing at someone getting one over me.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Too be fair contacting the Police is probably necessary for an insurance claim. My wife knows someone who had their house broken into whilst they were on holiday when they got back the Police were too busy to come round. Probably all down McDonalds or Tesco cafe.

No offence toonarmy but it is because there is no punishment that people commit these crimes. Giving them good beating doesn't always work but it normally makes you feel better.

mboy1980

Club Champion
Visit site
Don't tell your insurance company you left them unattended.

Burst the lock on your hut and say it was broken in to and say your full set was nicked, along with your electric trolley and your Galvin Green waterproof suit. ;) ;) ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mate

Sorry to hear your news. Not sure what the best course of action is. I'd be tempted to look at the home insurance route (without mentioning the unattended bit) just in case you can get some % back towards replacements.

I know what you mean about ways and means. I was best man at a wedding in the 80's and it was rumoured to me that the brides father had been a heavy for the Krays in the 60's. Naturally I laughed it off as b**ls**t but when he got up to do his brides father speech he looked the groom (my best mate) and his opening line was "you better look after my daughter or I'll be forced to get the attache case out of the attic"

Of all the people there from the brides side of the family not one laughed. He was deadly serious. As we were getting ready to leave he came up to me and took me to one side. I was feeling a bit panicky but he said I did a blinding job and as a result if I ever needed a "favour" to give him a call. "Don't matter if its tomorrow, next week or 20 years time I appreciate what you did for my daughters big day. If anyone gives you grief or trys to pull one over on you just give me a call"

Did some background checking on the internet aand apparently he was really a big player on the scene. I haven't taken him up on the offer.

Anyway I'm sure you will find out who did it. Golf clubs such as those don't just appear on the market.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
No offence toonarmy but it is because there is no punishment that people commit these crimes. Giving them good beating doesn't always work but it normally makes you feel better.

I understand the visceral pleasure but ultimately this is not the behaviour of a civilised society. Incidentally I'm not saying I'm any better than any of you as I'm sure I would share the same feelings if it was my gear, but the real issue is the lack of punishment and we should take arms against that rather than some scrote who you end up getting pinged for after you've clubbed them one.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I agree with Homer and claiming and not mentioning they where not attended, I have known people claim a £700 set of Callaways/Dunlops stolen from a shed, when asked for a receit they just said they where a gift and get a friend to confirm so.

welshjim22

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone got insurance with Golfshield. I recently took out insurance with them and they said prrof of ownership could be photos. Not sure how that works but kept my bills for the irons and putter. Rest came from ebay and friends.

Toonarmy i agree with you except for one issue. We aren't quite as civilised as you might think. Stupidly tolerant isn't the same thing.

Medwayjohn hope you change your mind and tear the police away from the cafe for 5 minutes and catch the buggers.

toonarmy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Toonarmy i agree with you except for one issue. We aren't quite as civilised as you might think.

I've met Welsh people living in Ashford before, so you don't need to tell me that! :D

I always put it down to the fumes from the sewage plant!

On the other bit, we should aspire to be that civilised even if we fail miserably because, as in the game of golf, that fact that we might fail is not a reason to stop trying.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Anyone got insurance with Golfshield. I recently took out insurance with them and they said prrof of ownership could be photos. Not sure how that works but kept my bills for the irons and putter. Rest came from ebay and friends.
Want to borrow a photo of my lovely new Titleist AP2 irons, I think you can just make out the rest of my clubs in the pic too!! :D :D