Directline insurance

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of a number of companies all under written by UK Insurance Ltd such as Prudential

Have my home insurance with DL and well please with a claim a few weeks ago.

Funny thing is I switched to them from Prudential and got a massive saving for the same policy.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Before switching check with your current insurer. They will almost certainly match it or as mine did, better it.

This is the thing that really gets my goat with insurance comapanies. They know full well they can offer you a better deal but just try ripping you off first, its why I change every year just out of principle, I know it doesn't bother them in the slightest but it makes me feel a bit better.
I wish we would do what somw other countries do, hike the cost of road tax but include third party insurance, that way they might suddenly find themselves a bit more competetive when they're not essential.

D-S

Visit site
This is the thing that really gets my goat with insurance comapanies. They know full well they can offer you a better deal but just try ripping you off first, its why I change every year just out of principle, I know it doesn't bother them in the slightest but it makes me feel a bit better.
I wish we would do what somw other countries do, hike the cost of road tax but include third party insurance, that way they might suddenly find themselves a bit more competetive when they're not essential.
It seems as if the business plan of some/most insurance companies and many utility companies is to actively prey on the old and vulnerable who do not have the means or knowledge to internet search comparison sites. The costs borne by this community founded on baseless, speculative price increases every year to extortionate levels is a scandal; especially as many of these elderly consumers consistently accept these unwarranted hikes as they feel that remaining ‘loyal’ to their provider is a good thing. Shameful business practice.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
they won't, even direct or through a broker, best deals are for new customers, no reward for loyalty.
Well, this year Hastings did for my house & contents and LV= did for both cars. Over the years, Saga, Privilege and Churchill have done deals for me.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Before switching check with your current insurer. They will almost certainly match it or as mine did, better it.

I prefer just accepting the cheaper quote then telling them I'm off as their too expensive.. offer what you want you had your chance

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll mention it when I call to cancel.the auto renew, I certainly won't be begging to be put a rate that they should be offering first up.