DG Spinner shafts

T

thecraw

Does anyone have any experience of these shafts? Tempted to re-shaft my 52 + 56 degree wedges with these.

Do they actually generate more spin than a standard shaft or is it just a gimmick?

:confused:

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't have first hand info. But one of the lads I play with has had one of his wedges fitted with one. He says he does not see anymore spin than normal. But that it is easier to get the spin on a more consistant basis. But as I said not tried them myself. Funny looking shaft though.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
I remember reading up on them a few years ago.the claim was lower more consistent trajectory and higher spin rate ~ 700rpm.

Didn't find anywhere selling them cheap enough for just an experiment though.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
U can pick up one of these shafts on ebay, around £20
I bought one and had it shafted up into a Vega RAFW-03 wedge head, not to use, but to sell on, guy that bought it, LOVES IT
U are never going to get 'crazy' excess backspin from the shaft, but there is something for sure

Only other piece I can add is.......A Local Pro ( friend ) went to Ping for a fitting, and on Computer stats, defo generated more Spin with these DG SPINNER shafts, compared to others tested at the fitting, and walked away with a set of Ping Anser Forged wedges with these shafts in........

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
These were standard on the US version of the 2011 Mizuno MP T11, and I have two of them. They look a bit funny, with a pinched section in the middle, and they feel fine, although I couldn't say I noticed the ball zipping back at me any more than with other shafts. They come in two flavours, "wedge" for sand and lob and "wedge plus" for gap and pitching wedges.

http://www.truetemper.com/golf/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=24

T

thecraw

OK thanks. I think I'll pass. Just re-shafted my irons with Nippon shafts and love em. Maybe I should just buy three more for my 52,56, and 60.