DG @ Solihull closing

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
For those that know the store, DG at Solihull is closing down in November. Shame as its got a great driving range with grass bays and a nice short game area. Heard the lease has come up on the land and looks like Ashley doesn't fancy paying out. Some stock will be reduced to get rid of but most of it will be distributed to other stores.

Hopefully somebody will take the range on and keep it open!

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
That's a shame, I pass this store every week and often pop in for bargains. I hope the staff get relocated ok, they've always served me well.

Last edited:

rob_golf1

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
That's a shame, I pass this store every week and often pop in for bargains. I hope the staff get relocated ok, they've always served me well.

Yep same! I pretty much go there most weeks to practice as there isn't much else around apart from Wast Hills. Staff have always been helpful and knowledgeable so I would imagine they won't find it tough to find new roles.

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is this beckett's farm? I've been once, quite cool how the range is split over two levels. Never knew it had grass ranges, where were they located?

Shame it's closing but seems to be the case at a few direct golf places around the midlands - direct golf at calderfields in walsall closed but has reopened under new people.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Is this beckett's farm? I've been once, quite cool how the range is split over two levels. Never knew it had grass ranges, where were they located?

Shame it's closing but seems to be the case at a few direct golf places around the midlands - direct golf at calderfields in walsall closed but has reopened under new people.

As you step out of the shop onto the range the grassed area is to your right, past the last driving bay.

D

Deleted member 17920

For those that know the store, DG at Solihull is closing down in November. Shame as its got a great driving range with grass bays and a nice short game area. Heard the lease has come up on the land and looks like Ashley doesn't fancy paying out. Some stock will be reduced to get rid of but most of it will be distributed to other stores.

Hopefully somebody will take the range on and keep it open!
I suspect that American Golf will take it over as that's what they did with Lincoln Golf Centre.