Developing a swing using club design

Superstriker

Medal Winner
Visit site
Anyone ever give up on golf modern golf instruction.By developing a natural motion that uses how the club was designed?For example;Setting an iron on your wall.One can tell by the design that the handle must lead thru the strike.And a longer iron to driver needs less lean.As simple as that approach is..it oddly works.And try to return the club at the same shaft plane you developed at address

That is the golf swing. Thank me later

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I‘m not sure quite the sort of instruction you‘ve been exposed to , but in my experience it seems that almost all, if not all, golf swing instruction very heavily takes into consideration the loft of a club and handle position at address.

Superstriker

Medal Winner
Visit site
I‘m not sure quite the sort of instruction you‘ve been exposed to , but in my experience it seems that almost all, if not all, golf swing instruction very heavily takes into consideration the loft of a club and handle position at address.
Agree.. but for a DYI golfer.I see no reason why they can’t develop a swing by just looking at how the club is designed.Many are making this way more complicated that it should be.Not everyone will have a picturesque motion.But you can have a motion that utilizes club design.With no formal training. Or maybe it is the mechanical tech side of me

Heck … the brain behind the Golfing machine did that a well

Superstriker

Medal Winner
Visit site
I genuinely do not understand a word of the OP :unsure:
Develop your own natural swing around how the club was designed.As simple as one can make it

If I handed anyone a random person a wedge.And ask them what would it take to use this correctly.They would see by design how it needs to be done. Very simple

Superstriker

Medal Winner
Visit site
I’ve studied a lot of it.But seems like most is just overkill.Or maybe they want to think they are the smart guy in the room.This game isn’t that bad once you just think of why the clubs were designed to do the task.I’m positive handicaps would plummet if they kept it simple as that.But no … they want people to walk around bumping into walls

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’ve studied a lot of it.But seems like most is just overkill.Or maybe they want to think they are the smart guy in the room.This game isn’t that bad once you just think of why the clubs were designed to do the task.I’m positive handicaps would plummet if they kept it simple as that.But no … they want people to walk around bumping into walls
Swinging a golf club to hit a ball is very simple…but if I decide to break it down into many constituent parts; analyse each one; try and perfect each one; then put it all back together - then I have a system of complex components that will only baffle, confuse and ultimately defeat me. Thankfully and fortunately I choose to not do that.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Swinging a club is very simple, it goes wrong for most people, probably me included, by trying to swing fast.

Most people can hit a 7 iron very straight 50 yards or so.

I think I’d be a lot better at golf if I stopped trying to be good at it and just played.

Superstriker

Medal Winner
Visit site
Swinging a golf club to hit a ball is very simple…but if I decide to break it down into many constituent parts; analyse each one; try and perfect each one; then put it all back together - then I have a system of complex components that will only baffle, confuse and ultimately defeat me. Thankfully and fortunately I choose to not do that.
And than they charge us an arm and leg to hit a ball in a field.What is this bloody world coming too

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Develop your own natural swing around how the club was designed.As simple as one can make it

If I handed anyone a random person a wedge.And ask them what would it take to use this correctly.They would see by design how it needs to be done. Very simple
We can all see what needs to be done. It's not as easy to bloody do it though. 😆

Superstriker

Medal Winner
Visit site
We can all see what needs to be done. It's not as easy to bloody do it though. 😆
I know:: I so know.Have to step away from all the so called scholars and experts.Look at the implement, and figure out how to move it on your own.Until then… you are lost in the woods my friend.Lost… lost .. lost

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I know:: I so know.Have to step away from all the so called scholars and experts.Look at the implement, and figure out how to move it on your own.Until then… you are lost in the woods my friend.Lost… lost .. lost
Have you never seen the you tube videos of complete beginners at the range? They certainly need help 🤣

Superstriker

Medal Winner
Visit site
So not too bothered about swingpath, angle of attack, clubface direction at impact etc?
Doesn’t the design of the club already suggest how to get it from point a to b? If I return the club to its address position. And have the sole laying flat at impact and beyond. Wouldn’t that be an adequate swing path and direction ? I used to think like your post.And by simplifying how I see the club should be used has helped me tremendously. I don’t care what the swing looks like. As long as it is functional and returns the club squarely at impact using the design