Demo day vs custom fit

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
But if you look at the major brands, Titleist, Callaway, TM, Mizuno, Srixon, they all have a range of clubhead designs from Tour player to duffer, typically a Tour level blade, a players cavity, a players distance club and a easy to flight higher handicappers iron, usually a range of stock shafts designed to cover a wide range of players, a range of custom shafts and the ability to adjust loft, lie, length, grip size and shape. Most players should be "fittable" for most of those brands, and the real difference between them is aesthetics, brand preference and image. I am shopping at present and have probably decided to go for Mizuno (223, probably), but I know I could find a TM, Titleist or Cally that would play much the same.
Ethan, totally appreciate the point being made, but in reality, side by side it's not the case.

That year was the perfect example, virtually every player not looking for a bladey type club should have walked out with Ping G20s based on performance, they were that much better than everything else on the market, the closest, was the Cobra S3 Max irons. I was looking at new Titleist or Mizuno irons myself that year (my two sets prior to that), didn't come close to the i20 or indeed even the G20 (it was too bulky for my eye).

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ethan, totally appreciate the point being made, but in reality, side by side it's not the case.

That year was the perfect example, virtually every player not looking for a bladey type club should have walked out with Ping G20s based on performance, they were that much better than everything else on the market, the closest, was the Cobra S3 Max irons. I was looking at new Titleist or Mizuno irons myself that year (my two sets prior to that), didn't come close to the i20 or indeed even the G20 (it was too bulky for my eye).

Horses for courses, I always hated the high offset clunky looking Pings. Probably the only Ping I would look at now is the i210.

D

Deleted member 1147

Only problem iv found with demo days is some of the OEM are just interested in selling a club. I've had mixed experiences, the only one that really was truthful Imo was the old mizuno rep who after trying several new models, his feedback was always its not better or has better results than what I was using at the time. FYI he's no longer in the job?.
A Titleist guy fitted my friend at a demo day. He tried the new driver and it was better than his own. But the fitter then suggested a tweak to the set up of his own driver and he was hitting it straighter and longer than before.
So no sale, but a happy potential future customer

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had the demo day session today and it was very insightful. The guy from Titleist was very good and particularly patient! What I've learnt..... 1. No driver can save a god-awful swing. 2. I'm playing at least 1.5 degrees of loft on my driver too much. 3. Refer to number 1.

Enjoyed it.