Delamere.... getting excited!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Been on my radar for a while. Tomorrow I get to play it with my son, a couple of days before his wedding.

The banter has already started - apparently, because of recent form, I’m getting zero shots.

He’s regularly shooting 5-6 under. I’ll need full allowance.

D

Deleted member 16999

Enjoy it mate, I’m sure you know enough mind games to put him off his game.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Make sure your wearing the correct socks 😳

Still high on my bucket list, hoping the NW boys still put a date together for this course.

Enjoy Brian 🏌️

D

Deleted member 21258

Looks like a lovely sunny day for it, course is okay, not a long course.

I would suggest you leave plenty of time to sit in the clubhouse overlooking the course. Think it is my favourite view from inside a clubhouse.

Have fun.

NorwichBanana

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Off the back Tees
Hole 1 - 495 Yards - Par 4.
Hole 2 - 492 Yards - Par 5.....eh?

Also, whats going on with hole 15, online scorecard says its either a par 3 or 4?!

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Off the back Tees
Hole 1 - 495 Yards - Par 4.
Hole 2 - 492 Yards - Par 5.....eh?

Also, whats going on with hole 15, online scorecard says its either a par 3 or 4?!

Par 4 generally (as a severe dogleg), although as a winter tee could play as a par 3, as straight down its throat.

Brian, its a boss course.

If in Surrey would probably break the top 100. For hole 15 - just take a 160-190 yard club into the dell, pw from there.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well, that was a little disappointing.

Greens 10/10.
Bunkers 10/10.
Fairways 10/10.

But they’ve hacked many of the very rough areas, including heather and gorse with a nuclear bomb. It looks deeply scared, with some areas up to 50yds wide now just mud. It doesn’t look pretty.

We started on the 10th which, in terms of the round building to a climax, isn’t the best way to play the course. There’s some stunning holes, made even better by the climax that would be built by playing from the first.

The ultimate question, following a round; would I play there again? Only when the new growth is through in the many areas they have hacked, and only if we could start on the 1st.

Dad ‘v’ son result; a 2 and 1 win for dad, sealed with a birdie on our 17th(8th).

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Shame to hear it wasn't in full bloom.

I loved it when I played there a couple of years ago. The rough was long and punishing. Long wispy golden stands waving in the sunshine.

Condition of the place was superb. Hardly a divot in sight. I got the feeling hardly any of the members are hard core golfers hacking the course up daily. There wasn't a soul about the place that summers evening.