Club repair- Taylormade 2017 m2 irons

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi

I bought a set of these irons second hand a few months ago. They have those face slots on the longer irons. I’ve recent noticed that those slots have started to raise and pop out slightly. I’ve been having to tap them back in after each shot, although they’re still not flush.

Contacted taylormade, they won’t help because I bought them second hand and so my only option is to get them repaired. Bit gutted really because I love the clubs, and this does seem to be a massive and very common problems with their M range with these face slots.

So my question is, does anyone know if they can be repaired, or should I get rid?

I’ll ask my pro the same question when I’m next down there, but it’s playing on my mind now!

Any help much appreciated.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry I don't have a good answer, but the amount of issues I've heard about with Taylor Made irons is crazy now. Countless people saying the faces collapse and all sorts. You might be better off getting rid and never touching TM irons with a bargepole again!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry I don't have a good answer, but the amount of issues I've heard about with Taylor Made irons is crazy now. Countless people saying the faces collapse and all sorts. You might be better off getting rid and never touching TM irons with a bargepole again!

Seems to be specifically the irons with the face slots, not sure whether they’ve fixed it since. Such a shame because I’ve taken to them really well. If they can’t be repaired and I do bin them I’ll probably go for the previous model which doesn’t have the face slots. Will see what the club shop say over the weekend.