Decisions decisions.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
We had our pit golf day yesterday. 51 pit lads smashing it in the sunshiiiiiiiiine of Norwood Park. £40 for non members which was £18 golf,£12 food and £10 prize money. Plus £1 for 2’s which Tashboy dragged half off 😁
Anyway as much as its great, some of the lads want a change. But where in Notts for £40 would you get that. You could pay more and travel. Beauty of Norwood is everyone pays on the day. Anywhere else thats half decent requires deposits. Coxmoor was mentioned but first reply was overpriced to get you in and want you out as soon as.
Tashyboy arranges the day and at the moment its enjoyable but am not chasing me ass goin to other courses if its a lot of trouble getting brass in and folk dropping out coz its to much.
Thoughts and advice please everyone.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
no doubt there will be some who complain if you change the venue. you are never going to please everyone, so I agree, you decide, and they like it or lump it.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Tash Me man, don’t take any rammel from anyone

You are the organiser, it’s your train set,
If in your opinion you have the best mix of golf course, food options, traveling distance, bar quality, TV etc then they can like it or lump it.

Anyone who differs is welcome to put their own package together and let the guys decide,

It’s nice to be an organiser, but sometimes it’s nicer to be an ordinary member 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tash Me man, don’t take any rammel from anyone

You are the organiser, it’s your train set,
If in your opinion you have the best mix of golf course, food options, traveling distance, bar quality, TV etc then they can like it or lump it.

Anyone who differs is welcome to put their own package together and let the guys decide,

It’s nice to be an organiser, but sometimes it’s nicer to be an ordinary member 👍

This, although I guess it wouldn't hurt to give a few places a call. Ask for suggestions by say next weekend and see what others come up with. If there's nothing feasible follow the enlightened words of our GM Mod God

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
get initial interest, phone for a quote, get deposits, then book. If they drop out, stuff em.

I like springwater round there and fairly friendly.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Last night i had a few messages back and forth on a whattsapp group. It was suggested that members felt cornered into playing our place. I mentioned that when tricky trev came up with the idea of a yearly comp. we were members at Norwood so it seemed logical to play it there. No one had mentioned about playing anywhere else until Friday day night. It was mentioned about going to the Belfrey etc for an over nighter but the initial idea was to get as many lass together as possible. Goin further afield will get less. I mentioned about contacting one of the lads next week who is a member at Sherwood and asking if he can get us in there. Lo and behold he was following the chat and said he is gonna enquire. Suprise suprise. Everyone woke up. That place will tick a lot of boxes. Watch this space.