Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) - Wales - Annual Golf Day 2018

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all, apologies for this and I appreciate its a bit of a long shot..

Last year I played in the ICE Wales golf qualifying day for the Thomas Telford Trophy which was played at Pannal Golf Club in Harrogate. This year, its being held at an Open qualifying course, Notts Golf Club – Hollinwell.

As there was no qualifying day planned this year due to poor numbers in the past few years, I thought it would be a shame to let it die a death as the Welsh branch of the ICE are the only branch to have held a qualifying day for 30 successive years.

Anyway, I’ve kind of taken the lead and booked Neath Golf Club, my home course, for Friday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] July with tee times between 1pm-2pm. There is coffee and bacon rolls on arrival, 18 holes of golf, followed by a one course meal. The cost is £40.

I was just wondering if there was anyone on this forum near the area who would like to play? It is not a requirement to be a member of the ICE. Obviously the ICE members will all be competing for a place in the Welsh team for the regional finals. I’m trying to get the numbers back to where they should be and hopefully keep the day going for a few years.

Thanks
Neil

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I'm near Chepstow... about 90 mins away. Never played Neath, interested, but can't yet confirm date for a week or so due to work commitments... (I appreciate that's not hugely useful!)

There are a few folk down this way, hope some can play... I will check back when I am clearer about diary

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am unable to play as I will be on holiday.
If anyone is considering going, I would totally recommend it. I play the 36 hole Comp there every year and the course layout and condition is always fantastic.
Have a great day.

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am unable to play as I will be on holiday.
If anyone is considering going, I would totally recommend it. I play the 36 hole Comp there every year and the course layout and condition is always fantastic.
Have a great day.

Thank you for the recommendation! It really is a fantastic golf course. The 36 hole comp you mentioned, is that the Neath Bell?

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm near Chepstow... about 90 mins away. Never played Neath, interested, but can't yet confirm date for a week or so due to work commitments... (I appreciate that's not hugely useful!)

There are a few folk down this way, hope some can play... I will check back when I am clearer about diary

Thank you for the reply! Ok great. Look forward to hearing from you and hopefully you can make it.

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank you for the recommendation! It really is a fantastic golf course. The 36 hole comp you mentioned, is that the Neath Bell?

Yeh, I’ve entered the last 4 years or so. I’ve only got near my handicap on one occasion but I keep coming back every year. It’s the official start to my golf year.