DeChambeu smashes bunker

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Disgusting behaviour.
But I’m sure appropriate action will be taken.
So nothing to discuss here 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Dibby

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I saw this yesterday and was wondering if it would get picked up or not. He hit it short, so that it rolled back and then holed his next shot for par anyway.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
He'll no doubt get a fine. With Garcia's behaviour (on more than one occasion), and Hatton smashing a tee marker last year, is this something that is creeping into the game more and more? I get it's their livelihood and so a lot on the line but we all have to comply with a code of conduct where we work and these pros are no different. I don't mind players showing they care and getting annoyed but anything like this that can damage a bunker or the course is out of order

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing to see, I like it when they show a bit of emotion. Makes a change from some media training filtered nonsense.
‘I hit it great out there today’!!

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think some overreact to this kinda thing. Damaging the course is a bad thing. Garcia damaging greens is a definite no no. But hitting sand, throwing a club in a lake, hitting your bag etc doesn’t bother me at all. People are human and we react differently. Some see red some are calm as cucumbers. That’s life.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think some overreact to this kinda thing. Damaging the course is a bad thing. Garcia damaging greens is a definite no no. But hitting sand, throwing a club in a lake, hitting your bag etc doesn’t bother me at all. People are human and we react differently. Some see red some are calm as cucumbers. That’s life.

I enjoy the pros venting and breaking a club over their knee but damaging the course should not be tolerated.

The only hurt themselves when they damage clubs.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Behaviour like this needs to be tackled. It gives the game a bad image and it will be copied by the kids.
They might be playing for a living but even those well down the money list are multi millionaires so a bad shot is hardly going to mean they starve.