DeChambeu smashes bunker

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Oh very dear, seems damaging greens is becoming more a thing then, what's the odds nothing comes of it at all.

Poor from DeChambeau there and should be punished for it, I'm a huge fan of his but there is no defending that.
It’s embarrassing.
How can they think that this is acceptable behaviour?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh very dear, seems damaging greens is becoming more a thing then, what's the odds nothing comes of it at all.

Poor from DeChambeau there and should be punished for it, I'm a huge fan of his but there is no defending that.

Seems like a bit of frustration but straight away he repairs it back to normal

Least he didn’t leave it

Wolf

Visit site
It’s embarrassing.
How can they think that this is acceptable behaviour?
Literally no idea mate how they can think it acceptable, but shows that something needs be done this is 3 consecutive weeks now where incidents have occurred and twice with same player, words need to be had.

Seems like a bit of frustration but straight away he repairs it back to normal

Least he didn’t leave it
Yes he repairs it but frustrated or not shouldn't have done it in the first place and regardless tours need stamp down on this behaviour before it goes to far.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At least he repaired it! Not making excuses for that, but you maybe expect a brief head-loss from a youngster like he is, as opposed to a total breakdown from 40-year-old Garcia.

I saw a picture of BDC doing some late night practise in the pitch black, lit up by torches after a poor first round. He really does have a tendency to over-do things and overthink it which might be his downfall.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I get it's their livelihood and so a lot on the line .

Nah I don't agree with this.

In 2018 DeChambeau won approx. $8m on the PGA tour, in 2019 he has already pocketed $1.7m

In 2018 the top 114 money earners on the PGA tour all earned in excess of $1m.

I understand that they have "overheads" like travel, agents, caddies and perhaps a generally greater expected standard of living and therefore associated expense than us normal folk, but over the course of a year the odd dropped shot here and there isn't going to seriously impact on their ability to pay the leccy bill.....and that's not even considering the money they rake in through sponsorship deals.

If I did that I'd expect to feel a tap on the shoulder and be thrown off whatever course I was playing.

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
What worries me (and it also applies to slow play) is the risk the general every day golfer at the courses you and I play will begin to copy what they see on the telly so they'll be taking 2 minutes plus to take a shot and then smashing the place up if it's no good. Yes the professionals are there to make a living and yes there are large amounts of money at stake but professionals in all sports also need to set an example and be role models.

Wolf

Visit site
I'd say it's worse if on the practice green, who loses their cool to that degree when missing practice putts????
I agree completely it's bad on course but who gets that wound up on a putting green unless it was post round because he did it as soon as he was handed the putter.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
At least he repaired it! Not making excuses for that, but you maybe expect a brief head-loss from a youngster like he is, as opposed to a total breakdown from 40-year-old Garcia.

I saw a picture of BDC doing some late night practise in the pitch black, lit up by torches after a poor first round. He really does have a tendency to over-do things and overthink it which might be his downfall.
He’s a grown man fgs.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd say it's worse if on the practice green, who loses their cool to that degree when missing practice putts????
I'll lay a quid now that he'll say he was testing the receptiveness of the greens. How the ball was going to respond etc.. That wasn't a loss of temper. That was deliberate..

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I'll lay a quid now that he'll say he was testing the receptiveness of the greens. How the ball was going to respond etc.. That wasn't a loss of temper. That was deliberate..

If that were the case I think he'd have used his special "ball hammer" that he developed over the course of 18 months for such situations.

It measures green firmness, soil moisture content, sand percentage, worm cast ratio, root density and resistance to Sergio's shoes.