Decent Pro for lessons in the North East?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello again, I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a go Pro who can give me a few beginner lessons so I'm not starting off with bad habits? I know there are lots to choose from around here which is kind of the problem lol so if anyone has any good shout outs I'd be interested to hear them. Preferably around the Tyne and Wear area would be better. Apologies if this is the wrong forum section btw.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Where you actually from?
If your a member any where have they not got a pro

I get lessons off Gordon morrison up at linden hall
I was recommended him as he has the most qualifications than anyone else in our area.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Craig, strangely enough the missus and I joined Wearside Golf Club the other week, only as social/practice members though as we are both no where near good enough to tackle an 18 hole course yet. She goes there once a month with a client through work and has lessons with the Pro there, I think his name is Steve. Anyway, the missus got a special deal which gave us a discount on joining the club so we decided to go for it. I'm only asking for recommendations rather than just go for a lesson with Steve is I prefer word of mouth rather over anything else.

Wayman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stuart ord is his name never had a lesson.
Practice facilities are very good at Wearside. Drop me a PM if you want a game

I'm mostly on the practice field myself

But I can't say what Stuart like as a teaching pro sorry might be ok with the basics

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi b, I had lessons with mark Rayson when he was at ramside hall, I found him excellent as a coach genuinely good chap, he doesn't just have a this is how it is mentality he will work with your range of movement to find the best way to get a swing out of you :) he is based at Hobson now I think.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks again for the replies, I used to play at the Hobson years ago, I'll go up and see if I can book in with Mark.
Craig, come and say hi if you spot us on the practice area, you can't miss us, we're the couple hitting the ball from one of rough to the other :D
I don't have a full set of clubs yet, I'm just starting to build my collection from scratch, once I get sorted and feel more confident about my game I'll give you a shout.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just thought I'd let you know, booked in for my first lesson this coming Monday at Ramside. I did also try Mark at Hobson but he's on holiday when I have time for a lesson (I have three days booked off next week).
Can't wait.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow, great lesson with Kevin at Ramside yesterday. Talked a lot about the mechanics of the swing and exactly how it affects the ball, he then used these theories to correct my swing. On video I had a massive out to in swing, he got me to have a much better line of impact and adjusted my swing accordingly. He also showed me a great drill to work on keeping the swing/club straight and on target.
Got 2 more days off work, it's scorchio outside so I know where I'm going ;)