Dando and Homer coaching today

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How did it all go today lads. Haven't heard any reports of men in white coats taking any golf coaches away for their sanity

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Two and a half hours stuck on the M25 and watching the Fulham game but got loads on video to go through. Worked with a guy called Paul Foston who was a great guy and primarily back swing related, shortening it, changing the path and trying to get a better wrist position. I understand the concept and the changes but trying to break 30+ years of bad habits in 90 minutes and take everything in was hard, so it's going to form the basis of my winter work, with a return to Paul's swing studio at some point for an update.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Two and a half hours stuck on the M25 and watching the Fulham game but got loads on video to go through. Worked with a guy called Paul Foston who was a great guy and primarily back swing related, shortening it, changing the path and trying to get a better wrist position. I understand the concept and the changes but trying to break 30+ years of bad habits in 90 minutes and take everything in was hard, so it's going to form the basis of my winter work, with a return to Paul's swing studio at some point for an update.

Was that part of the golf monthly segment to go back to see Paul?

I had 2 hours with him for golf monthly in March and he knocked 3 shots of my handicap in the next month of playing. Not been back to see him though.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Well Paul was a joy to work with and thankfully had the patience of a saint!

after watching my pathetic attempts at chipping and pitching Paul suggested trying to keep my right arm/wrist locked to avoid flipping the club at impact, gripping down the club, hands forward, keeping the speed through impact using my hands and rotating my chest.

despite it feeling completely alien the improvement was great although I still had the odd chunk or thin.

we tried different clubs, lies and distances and after a while I got used to the technique and my confidence grew hitting from 10-75 yards.

im so glad I got this opportunity and thanks to GM for picking me

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was that part of the golf monthly segment to go back to see Paul?

I had 2 hours with him for golf monthly in March and he knocked 3 shots of my handicap in the next month of playing. Not been back to see him though.

No but we had a chat after the lesson finished while the guys were setting the camera's up and came up with a plan to keep him updated and we're going to book an extended lesson to follow up. Great guy, very friendly and patient and easy to see why he's a top 25 coach

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
No but we had a chat after the lesson finished while the guys were setting the camera's up and came up with a plan to keep him updated and we're going to book an extended lesson to follow up. Great guy, very friendly and patient and easy to see why he's a top 25 coach

Yep agree, great guy. Good luck to you, in very capable hands if you stick with Paul.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
He took his life in his hands at one point standing about 50 yards out asking me to hit so he could catch the ball

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well Paul was a joy to work with and thankfully had the patience of a saint!

after watching my pathetic attempts at chipping and pitching Paul suggested trying to keep my right arm/wrist locked to avoid flipping the club at impact, gripping down the club, hands forward, keeping the speed through impact using my hands and rotating my chest.

despite it feeling completely alien the improvement was great although I still had the odd chunk or thin.

we tried different clubs, lies and distances and after a while I got used to the technique and my confidence grew hitting from 10-75 yards.

im so glad I got this opportunity and thanks to GM for picking me

That mate sounds really positive. You now have the winter to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.