cutting down shafts

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
I have just bought a secondhand set of ladies clubs for my 12 year old daughter, they are too long and need to be cut down.

How much can i take off the length without affecting the flex too much.

She is a reasonable golfer and shoots under 100 on a full size course but is just under 5ft tall.
any advise much appreciated.

thanks

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best Advice would be ....... Go ask your Local pro, will be able to tell by posture with clubs, how much to shorten, or as my Son was told, ( 12 yr old -- ladies clubs ) just grip down slightly, though he is 5ft 4"

D

Deleted Member 1156

As stated above, best that you talk to a clubfitter as it will vary depending on the shaft. This is due to shafts having different kick points etc so there is no fixed amount you can trim from a shaft. You can take a little bit more off a low kickpoint shaft than you can from a high kickpoint one. You also have to factor in the weight profile as well as some shafts have a heavier/lighter butt end than others and this can make a difference too.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thing is your not going to be able to cut that much off without changing the flex profile or the swingweight, Some say that's important others not,looking at PIng Webfit for a 4ft10" golfer it says take 1" off ladies.It's a starting point.If your serious then I would go down the junior golfer club route,Ping and Nike do them and if you want a cheaper set then woodworm etc do them.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
she had a set of the USkids tour set which cost me about £300+ for a full set but i had them extended once but they cant be extended anymore. None of the known makes seem to do full sets for children which i think is really stupid. She is growing pretty fast so dont really want to spend out another £300+ on another set of USkids tour clubs so i thought i could get a set of ladies clubs and cut them down a little as she has a very powerful swing which amazes all of the coaches she see's.