Custom Fitting ?

golfsaint

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry If this has been asked before.

First question does this service cost when you buy new clubs?
Second question , having never had this service as i brought last clubs of the shelf in usa
what is it they excatly do ? and does it make a big differnce from off the shelf clubs

Thanks in advance

twohats

Club Champion
twitter.com
I have a custom fit appointment on Friday. They have told me the fitting does cost, but if I buy new clubs then they will deduct the cost of the fitting from the clubs, not sure how much it will be and not been custom fit before so not sure what else to expect other than what others have already posted on other threads.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
STOP! don't pay for a fitting!!!

do you pay to test drive a car?????

AG, Mizuno and Titleist all do free fitting, AG do any club while the others fit their own brand of course plus theres no pressure to actually BUY!

twohats

Club Champion
twitter.com
STOP! don't pay for a fitting!!!

do you pay to test drive a car?????

AG, Mizuno and Titleist all do free fitting, AG do any club while the others fit their own brand of course plus theres no pressure to actually BUY!

I have been told that I am paying for the "hire of the simulator" rather than the fitting itsself...Is this just a veil!?!?

golf_bug

Head Pro
Visit site
Deducting the fitting charge from the purchase price of the club is a common ploy by club pro shops. I guess you are paying for the pro's time, which if not spent with you could be spent generating revenue from lessons or whatever.

I think some manufacturers charge for fitting process... Callaway?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Titleist don't do free fitting as far as I know.

I had mine done around 3 years ago at Brampton and it cost £25. I've heard that it's now £40. They don't sell you the clubs either so no refund against them, although my pro took swallowed the £25 as I bought all my clubs from him.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have a custom fit appointment on Friday. They have told me the fitting does cost, but if I buy new clubs then they will deduct the cost of the fitting from the clubs, not sure how much it will be and not been custom fit before so not sure what else to expect other than what others have already posted on other threads.
Can I ask were are going for the C/F?

twohats

Club Champion
twitter.com
Can I ask were are going for the C/F?

Clubhouse Golf in Salford.

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Could be there myself on friday morning if the Glavin Green jacket I order with our club pro as not turned up by Thursday

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mizuno in wrexham do 1.5 hour slots. They are completely free and have the best technology money can buy... almost.

I was fit for my 52's there a couple years ago and it was the best thing I did. C/F has somewhat improvede since then too with swing DNA now being a part of the process.

I would never buy another club without being fit for it, the difference from off the shelf/guess work is immense. And the whole experience is real good fun too.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Titleist don't do free fitting as far as I know.

I had mine done around 3 years ago at Brampton and it cost £25. I've heard that it's now £40. They don't sell you the clubs either so no refund against them

Correct Titleist don't do free fitting. I am sure theCraw was going to be charged £40 for a driver fitting at the Titleist fitting Center at Kings Acre.

You also don't get it back against a purchase. To charge around £300 for a driver (not sure exact 910 prices) and charge another £40 on top for a fitting is pretty poor.

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
Deducting the fitting charge from the purchase price of the club is a common ploy by club pro shops. I guess you are paying for the pro's time, which if not spent with you could be spent generating revenue from lessons or whatever.

I think some manufacturers charge for fitting process... Callaway?

I have just been custom fitted (2 weeks ago) at the Callaway facility in Chessington, Surrey.

Had a great 2 hours, they charged my Pro (who made the appointment) £50, but when I bought the clubs through him, he was re-imbursed the £50. So no charge.

It was a great experience and good fun.

Book up a session and enjoy!