Cruden Bay

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Photo's taken last weekend when I played this course.It is a very quirky course set on a beautiful stretch of land that must measure over 2 miles from the 12th green out to the 4th green!

Lovely course but all four of us were somewhat underwhelmed by it....over rated was the final opinion.

View from Clubhouse.
abertrip004.jpg

Par 3 4th hole was 190 yards into the wind.....Driver!! Beautiful setting!
abertrip006.jpg

Screwback teeing off on 5th.
abertrip007.jpg

View from 9th tee.
abertrip008.jpg

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We were up that way on holiday last year and took the wee one for a walk along the beach. Had a quick reccy of the course and wanted to play it there and then... defo on the list.

The view from the 9th tee, is that the green you're aiming for next to the shelter?

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
We were up that way on holiday last year and took the wee one for a walk along the beach. Had a quick reccy of the course and wanted to play it there and then... defo on the list.

The view from the 9th tee, is that the green you're aiming for next to the shelter?

No that is the 16th Green.The 9th goes in the opposite direction and is easily the worst hole on the course,it is like a big farmers field,very reminiscent of a course I know that has 18 like that.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's hard to believe that this gorgeous beach at Cruden Bay is where the oil pipeline from the Forties Field in the North Sea comes ashore.

Nikon1026-1.jpg

B

birdieman

Shame you were underwhelmed, I've only played it the once in their 18 hole Open and fair enjoyed it, I had a still wet day so it scored easier, would defo go back if I got the chance.