Courses with campsites right next-door

tobybarker

Visit site
Hi

Having acquired a campervan I'd like to go off playing different courses. My other half doesnt wish to drive the thing so we'd need to find a campsite that is VERY close to a course, preferably with beach/woods etc for her to do while I swing aimlessly at a small white ball. Any suggestions?

tobybarker

Visit site
oops sorry - yes that'd be useful. I live in North Wales, so an ever-expanding circle from there! Let's start with Wales for a start

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Royal Dornoch has on one next to the Struie course. Brora by the 12th, Fortrose next door, Nairn Dunbar by the practice ground. LINGS IN Inverness across the road.
This are just the few I can remember in the Highlands.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There is an excellent site Tantallon Park in North Berwick that is next to the Glen Golf Club.
Probably less than 10 minutes walk from the site to the clubhouse.
20 minutes walk for the west links if you are wanting to spend more money.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Burnham Somerset has two courses on Burnham and Berrow and there is another course nearby (I cannot remember the name). There are lots of touring caravan sites in the general area.

Minehead Golf course is next to Butlins and Butlins has a touring park at the back of complex.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Powfoot GC, near Annan. Up the m6 from you, turn left at Gretna. There is a campsite, Queensberry Bay leisure park, right next to it. Don't be out off by the leisure park title, it's a quiet site.

evemccc

Visit site
Hi

Having acquired a campervan I'd like to go off playing different courses. My other half doesnt wish to drive the thing so we'd need to find a campsite that is VERY close to a course, preferably with beach/woods etc for her to do while I swing aimlessly at a small white ball. Any suggestions?

Opposite end of the country (East-West) is Brancaster — there’s camping close by the golf course that I know of, and I’m confident (but don’t know) that there’s plenty of camping to be had near Sheringham and further up the coast, near Seacroft course

D

Deleted member 31467

I would have thought the best place to start looking is links courses in holiday towns. Preststyn, Conwy, Harlech, Aberdovey etc?

D-S

Visit site
Burnham Somerset has two courses on Burnham and Berrow and there is another course nearby (I cannot remember the name). There are lots of touring caravan sites in the general area.

Minehead Golf course is next to Butlins and Butlins has a touring park at the back of complex.
Brean is the course near Burnham.