Courses around Shropshire Hills

rystaman

Visit site
Hi all,

I've got a trip coming up around the Shropshire hills and a couple of days to play golf around it, I was wondering if there were any recommendations from the forum on any decent courses around £50?

So far I’m considering Kington and Llandrindod Wells. Very tempted by an Aberdovey tee time after 3 but it’s a bit of a trek from where we’re staying. Has anyone had any experience with the other two or can suggest any other decent courses in a similar area?

Cheers!

D

Deleted member 23270

Kington is fun, well worth playing especially on a nice day. Shame about the dirt track up to it though, hope you don't drive a Ferrari or Lambo ?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Llanymynech is one of the most fun little courses I've ever played with some really memorable holes and amazing views. I'd thoroughly recommend there.

Should also fall within the £50 budget as well.

Newnsy

Visit site
grew up in Shropshire, Llanymnech is a great fun course especially if you are going for the hills :) Wrexham is another decent track but not played it in a long time. Church Stretton has stunning views and a hell of a walk again good fun but a bit rough round the edges. If you are going further a field rather than Aberdovey go for Royal St David's

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another Shropshire lad here, as long as none of you have bad fitness/health issues, you have to play church stretton, it’s golf but not as we know it. Stunning views and to be fair the course is always in playable condition. I’ve played it in howling winds with sideways rain, plus we had beautiful sun so warm it was tshirt weather interrupted by 3 holes of snow last year. It’s a cracker.