Course closed tomorrow...

D

Deleted member 15344

There are a lot of important times in the world.....this is another one. It is one to be respected.....but not one to stop your life over.

And I have no doubt that when those events happened the world did stop at the time to remember ?‍♂️

But it’s just a list of wars and ones that happened centuries or decades ago ? Where is the comparison to a reigning monarch passing away ?

Mandofred

Visit site
And I have no doubt that when those events happened the world did stop at the time to remember ?‍♂️

But it’s just a list of wars and ones that happened centuries or decades ago ? Where is the comparison to a reigning monarch passing away ?
So....you think everybody should take the day off and sit around in their house? Doing......? People have things they like to do. The Queen dying doesn't stop everything from happening.

If I happen to play golf on that day....this is a bad thing how?

As an American and living in the UK for 20+ years....I have pretty good memories of the queen. There are a lot of people I really respect.....but I don't think ANY of them would want me sitting around the house mopping about their death. I certainly don't want anybody I know to do that about me.......you?

D

Deleted member 15344

So....you think everybody should take the day off and sit around in their house? Doing......? People have things they like to do. The Queen dying doesn't stop everything from happening.

If I happen to play golf on that day....this is a bad thing how?

As an American and living in the UK for 20+ years....I have pretty good memories of the queen. There are a lot of people I really respect.....but I don't think ANY of them would want me sitting around the house mopping about their death. I certainly don't want anybody I know to do that about me.......you?

I don’t think anyone has suggested anyone should “sit around the house moping”

And also no one has suggested that “everything stops” because the Queen has passed away

But if a golf club decides they want to close for the day of the funeral then I would hope and think that choice would be respected

Mandofred

Visit site
I don’t think anyone has suggested anyone should “sit around the house moping”

And also no one has suggested that “everything stops” because the Queen has passed away

But if a golf club decides they want to close for the day of the funeral then I would hope and think that choice would be respected
Actually, I would suggest that is what you hinted at.

If the club decides to close.....I would respect that.....But NOT because the queen wanted it to happen. The Queen couldn't care a flying F if the golf course was open.

Would .....in the case of my death.....want everybody around me to come to a halt? I sure as Heck wouldn't. I'd want them to drink their butts off and remember me as a nut case....as I most surely am.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
As a contractor who will not be paid next Monday, as far as I am concerned if I'm being forced to take a day off, then I will spend it as I damned well please.

That's not disrespectful, I just don't need to pay my respects by sitting in front of the telly watching Her Majesty be laid to rest.

If the golf courses are shut then B&Q had better be bloody well open.?

Mandofred

Visit site
As a contractor who will not be paid next Monday, as far as I am concerned if I'm being forced to take a day off, then I will spend it as I damned well please.

That's not disrespectful, I just don't need to pay my respects by sitting in front of the telly watching Her Majesty be laid to rest.

If the golf courses are shut then B&Q had better be bloody well open.?
Ahhh.....the need for a power tool???

Mandofred

Visit site
More the case of the wife finding "jobs" for me to do if I'm not playing golf.???
Not painting. Please....not painting.....my wife has barred me from painting...Absolute crap at painting in a neat and tidy way. I can't prune bushes anymore either......they were fine.....they recovered......

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Where is the comparison to a reigning monarch passing away ?

Closest you will get is Princess Diana.

Liverpool v Newcastle postponed the same day as her death. Golf courses open.

Bolton v Everton the day after her death went ahead.

Can't remember if fixtures were postponed around the day of her funeral. Would have to look it up.

Still not a reigning monarch I grant you but the closest thing most of us will ever have experienced.

Mandofred

Visit site

Can't remember if fixtures were postponed around the day of her funeral. Would have to look it up.

Still not a reigning monarch I grant you but the closest thing most of us will ever have experienced.
I don't think Phil is interested in anything that doesn't fit with his views......

D

Deleted member 15344

Remember the Newcastle game getting called off

There was also the Queen Mother passing away and for the funeral it was a declared a national day of mourning and businesses etc had the choice - sort of what’s happening right now expect next Monday is a bank holiday

I don’t think any business has been told they must close and people must be given the day off but I think with schools closed then many will give people the day off to also help with childcare etc

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There will be some golf courses open and some closed. The Government is enforcing it on no one.
If you belong to a course that decides put of respect to close that's life You will almost certainly find something else to do or another open course.
Personally my next round of golf has been cancelled because of tining, another time it will be weather.
I am planning to play golf on the day of the funeral on an open course as I am already on holiday that day but it could be cancelled because of weather.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk

It was an international weekend when Di's funeral took place - I was at the Scotland game which was postponed from the Saturday (day of funeral) to the following day.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Still don't know what our club is doing, but it is AGM this evening and I imagine some announcement will be made.

On 29th of July 1981, I had a game of golf with my brother at Broome Manor. Lovely day it was too.