couple of good results this weekend, anyone else?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Finally had a couple of good results this weekend.

Yesterday played in the Douglas Quaich 4 man Team competition and was part of the winning team, contributing 4 gross birdies and gross pars on si1,2 and 3. and got a few quid in prize money.

Today went to the Tain Walk on Open, was p*ssing it down when I played and was leading when I left with a net 68, so will at least get a cut and be in the prizes. Probably won’t win as the weather really cleared up in the afternoon so no doubt be a few good scores in.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
After the last two weeks of HUGE blocks,pulls, hooks and fats went out today and played pretty superb 7 over front nine with three doubles :mad: 2 over back nine all of twelve so pretty happy. Hope I can keep the form for next week at Goswick :eek:

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
beaten by 0.7 into 2nd in a Scramble....couldn't see it being beat.Great laugh though,highlight was our female member farting during her practice swing at the 12th.............I couldn't play for the rest of the hole,I was ill with laughing!:D

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
beaten by 0.7 into 2nd in a scramble....couldn't see it being beat.great laugh though,highlight was our female member farting during her practice swing at the 12th.............i couldn't play for the rest of the hole,i was ill with laughing!:d

:D :D :D :D lol

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played a club match yesterday v Tylney Park. Played a 4 and 19 handicapper and got gubbed 5&3. The guy off 4 was superb. 6 inches away from an albatross on the 2nd (our nett birdie pretty redundant) and he had a couple of other tap in birdies. Apart from one hole he rarely missed a fairway or green. He had a swing to die for - so simple and efficient. Sometimes you have to stand and admire and admit you got beaten by a much better player

Achilles

Challenge Tour Pro
www.cirencestergolfclub.co.uk
A good weekend indeed. Equalled my pb on Friday afternoon with a net 66 and shot a net 68 in yesterday's medal. I've been cut 0.3 to 19.7 but no idea where (or if) I've placed in the prizes...just chuffed to have put two good rounds in consecutively, something I rarely ever do! Still thinking about a few decisions that cost me shots yesterday, but that's hindsight I guess! :)

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Gross 72 on Friday at Silloth & a gross 74 today at Cleveland. I'm happy with my game, just a pity its now the winter season.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had 10 pars yesterday 6 bogies a double and a triple for a nett 66 and 42 points....

Another cut is on the way i think..Not sure if i will be in the prizes yet though

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Bad weekend for me.

Lost a men's match 5&4 (away) yesterday and then in today's medal shot an 81... nett! :(

Bash

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played a great course on Saturday; Frilford Heath (Red course) in Oxfordshire. I went there for the first time to do a practice round as I have to play there on 11th Oct in the finals of the Volvo Matchplay (singles). One of the best courses I've played on ever. Got some pretty long par 4s though (474 and 469 yards). Thanks to my playing partner showing me the way round (and helping me read the tricky greens) I managed a gross 83 for 39 points. Shame he wasn't available to caddy for me on the day. The Red course is booked up from yesterday up to Sat 8th Oct for the European Tour qualifying school first round. However, on Sun 9th Oct they have an open black tees competition which is only 40 quid including pie and chips. (course is normally twice that to play) so have entered that to see how I do without the help of a top caddy.
Sunday I just went out for 9 holes at my home ground to try and go round with clubs I'm not comfortable with (5 and 3 woods off the ground). Came in with a disappointing 15 points

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Played in Sunday roll up. Struck the ball well, putted beautifully. Scored 30 points on the first 11 holes, lost concentration for next 3 holes (very slow, ended up over 5 hours), got to grips again and finished 3rd with 41 points - another 41 and a 44 beat me.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Missed the last qualifier of the year Saturday due to sleeping through my alarm.

Played a friendly game yesterday and I'm not sure whether to be happy with it or not?

Hit 13/18 greens, saved par on 3 of the 5 that I missed, and shot 82!

Gregolf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm disgusted. I played 10 games under handicap since August hols and felt I'd really moved to a better level of golf and suddenly I can't hit anything. Played my first medal comp on Saturday at new club and shot a NINETY TWO gross. Unbelievable. I almost walked off the course to be honest....

Have no explanation for it, I've just completely lost my swing :(

/depressed

T

thecraw

I had a good nightshift thanks.

Really enjoyed it and got into the swing of it.

Gregolf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What was the problem Greg, contact or direction?

I didn't hit a single iron pure and I yanked a lot of them to the left as well. I sat on the sofa most of yesterday mulling it over in my head (yes I take my golf way too seriously) and think I may be starting my swing from the top and pulling down too quickly.

It's just incredible how easy it is to go from decent golf to utter rubbish.