Costa del sol courses

Visit site
I am arranging a trip to the Costa del sol and am trying to find courses that are not too difficult. We have played a few that are too punishing for our handicaps ( up to 24 ). Any recommendations would be appreciated

maxpeck

Hacker
Visit site
I used to work down there for a year or so. I liked Santana the best or Lauro golf. Can get to both quite easily with a car and they are not too difficult. No range at Sanata though so the first few shots are a bit tougher.

Parador golf by the airport was ok, bit long for me and also busy with members, but still enjoyable. Torrequbrada is the one most people plump for, nice looking course but the hardest I played and it is/was quite expensive and we were always forced to play with others to have a certain number in the group, not the worst thing in the world though.

Check golf in spain website, can be cheaper to book through them sometimes and never had a problem. All this was over a year ago though, moved back to sweden so not sure how accurate the information is.

maxpeck

Hacker
Visit site
Lauro golf was on a similar standard then, think they have 27 holes also so you can mix it up a bit. Only problem was a few were on the side of a hill so can be a bit of a steep walk up. Other than that it was great, would recommend.

There is another one called Gualahorce or something like that, also right by the airport, but on the other side. Another one to look into anyway, wasn't too difficult if I remember but the greens were quite undulating in some parts.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Cabopino.

3rd hole is awesome. 5th is fairly tight and long, but the rest of the course is fairly steady.

One of my favourite courses down there, factoring in the cost.

Quite like America at La Cala as well, although the play round there can be slow.