Thoughts on these Spanish courses?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Been invited on a golfing trip to the Costa Del Sol next year.

The plan is to play the following -

Chapperal
Calanova
Torrequebrada
Los Naranjos

Price for the package seems a little bit hefty, each of the above are around 100 euro pp with buggy.

Anyone played any of the above? If so, how would you rate them? (We are all mid to high handicappers, ranging from 12 to 18.)

The Fader

Visit site
Can't comment on the courses but €100 pp.with a buggy is really not that expensive for Spain.

I'm currently staying on La Torre, which I would suggest is a middling course at best, and that's €79 for 18 holes without a buggy.

Bit cheaper if you play on the twilight rate.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Los Naranjos is the only one I’ve not played, but supposed to be decent. Torrequebrada is good, it’s probably going to be the most expensive of the four. The only thing that lets it down for me is a really short par 3 that feels like it’s been squeezed in as they’ve run out of land when designing the course. Chapparal can be in poor condition if you hit it at the wrong time of year, although has some good holes. Calanova is very, very undulating. Fantastic clubhouse and pros shop, and you pass the halfway house at least 3 times during the round - so plenty of opportunities to get ‘refreshments’ (y)

If you’re going in peak golf season, the prices are about right.

Albo

Visit site
Played both Chapperal and Torrequebrada last month, preferred Torrequebrada and yes the short par 3 is like a 90y half wedge.
Chapperal was in good nick when we played it, though the greens weren’t amazing.
The cost doesn’t sound too bad depending on what time of day/year you are going, we played 5 rounds with buggy over 3 days (2 at each of the above on the same days and 1 at Lauro) and accommodation for 4 nights all in was £850

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Out of interest, has anybody on here played La Noria?
Little 9 hole course just off the Mediterranean highway at the La Cala/Calanova turn off. Played it about 6 years back with the boy - place was absolutely rammed. The course wasn’t anything special but quite a bit cheaper than the regular 18 hole courses and short - so really popular with the elderly golfers.