Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My wife is angry - but not only is she angry - but now with all those making excuses for Cummings she is actually getting very upset. She has contained and managed the upset she felt for herself, her mum, and our children at not being able to be with her mum on her mum's 90th birthday last Monday. How did she manage to do that? By telling herself and our children that the rules are there to be followed. We need to stick to them no matter how upset at the situation, that not being with Nan on her 90th was just how it is.

My son popped 17miles down the road to her from his home in Sheffield - and he stood in the drive while my M-i-L stood in her doorway and he wished her happy birthday. He desperately wanted to give her a big hug, and I am sure she felt the same towards him. But they couldn't - because the rules said we shouldn't.

So when my wife hears the arrogance of Cummings on this, and excuses being made for Cummings on 'common sense' or 'have a heart/emotional' grounds - well she is incandescent with them - and very upset. And I can only imagine how so very, very upset many who have lost loved ones over the last two months will be on hearing such excuses and government ministers standing being Cummings. And she lost it with Dave Davies earlier when he said that he wasn't going to comment on the controversy as he only comments on matters that affect voters...

She is a very upset bunny...

I think the young age of DC's child might be relevant rather than an adult son and daughter.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You mean locking him in a car with Covid-19 for 5 hours on the way to Durham, whilst either 1 or both parents possibly weren’t in a fit state to drive?

I was simply replying to SILH, you're taking it out of context and just creating repetition.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
You don't think there are followers of Johnson that take everything he says at face value? Looking at it through their b tinted glasses?

Trump has them, Corbin has them, but everybody following Boris differentiates?

Of course there are. Your post didn't specify "some" though and implied all.

D

Deleted member 16999

I was simply replying to SILH, you're taking it out of context and just creating repetition.
I was asking the relevance of age? Surely the safety of any child is at the forefront of any parents mind.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
On the face of it yes. But on the other hand the lockdown is effectively over if they don't get the public back onside quickly.
Do you think the Public are offside over this, you cant really suggest that based on the comments posted on this Forum, most comments are politically motivated. Cummings may well have made a wrong decision but there seems to be a great deal of what I can only describe as political opertunist prejudice being used.

D

Deleted member 16999

Do you think the Public are offside over this, you cant really suggest that based on the comments posted on this Forum, most comments are politically motivated. Cummings may well have made a wrong decision but there seems to be a great deal of what I can only describe as political opertunist prejudice being used.
This is no different to any other situation were it involve 1 person from 1 party.

The same happened over Calderwood with the SNP.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Can only imagine how much dirt Cummings has on the government.

There is absolutely no reason to die on this hill for an advisor otherwise. You simply make him quit then quietly employ as a consultant through proxy.

If we return back to phase 1, it won’t happen. The government have sold the police down the river.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cummings really is a hill that every Tory Minister is willing to die on isn’t he? Astonishing just how loyal they are to him.

And even more concerning re the level of influence he actually has......

Tbh if they sacked him it would be theatre anyway as he’d be employed as a consultant within minutes to carry out the same role.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
And even more concerning re the level of influence he actually has......

Tbh if they sacked him it would be theatre anyway as he’d be employed as a consultant within minutes to carry out the same role.
Totally mate. I always knew that he was important to the Party, but this appears to show that he really is in the upper echelon of importance!!

Status
Not open for further replies.