Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
thought the Labour Party comment was very weak last night compared to the Lib Dems and the SNP.
but what ever they say has little sway anyway, just look at the responses from Gov ministers and trying to cover it up.

he won't get sacked or resign.. and i a few days as Dr del says it will be old news and something else will take its place...

D

Deleted member 16999

Looking at the timelines, maybe Jenrick was aware of where cummings was when he made his trip, unfortunately for him his breach was discovered soon after.

So, in his favour was the knowledge that if they’d of sacked him they would of had to sack cummings or anyone else if they came to light.

Like a good conspirancy theory me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Odd, there appears to be a lot of posts on this topic for what is essentially an open and shut case!

But as can be seen from supportive tweets from the ministers, its OK as he was only thinking of the safety of his kids. And it is a nasty disease. So anyone who disagrees with his right to travel is a heartless unfeeling psychopath. Which is ironic as some may say that is a great description of Cummings.

D

Deleted member 16999

Alternatively, 99% of the population couldn't really GAFF about it and are getting on with their lives the best they can?
The 99% are probably the same people who are out clapping on a thursday night.:rolleyes:

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Is it only me who is visualising a Malcolm Tucker type character in Tory HQ unleashing a foul mouth tirade at these ministers telling them to get tweeting. And off they go.

absolutely. makes me think back to Johnson's first cabinet meeting when he asks them "how many new hospitals are we going to build?", and they all chime back "40" like a bunch of little kids.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Absolutely stunning response from No.10.

So the only person in the UK who's allowed to travel for essential childcare just so happens to work in Downing Street. What were the chances of that?

My wife is angry - but not only is she angry - but now with all those making excuses for Cummings she is actually getting very upset. She has contained and managed the upset she felt for herself, her mum, and our children at not being able to be with her mum on her mum's 90th birthday last Monday. How did she manage to do that? By telling herself and our children that the rules are there to be followed. We need to stick to them no matter how upset at the situation, that not being with Nan on her 90th was just how it is.

My son popped 17miles down the road to her from his home in Sheffield - and he stood in the drive while my M-i-L stood in her doorway and he wished her happy birthday. He desperately wanted to give her a big hug, and I am sure she felt the same towards him. But they couldn't - because the rules said we shouldn't.

So when my wife hears the arrogance of Cummings on this, and excuses being made for Cummings on 'common sense' or 'have a heart/emotional' grounds - well she is incandescent with them - and very upset. And I can only imagine how so very, very upset many who have lost loved ones over the last two months will be on hearing such excuses and government ministers standing being Cummings. And she lost it with Dave Davies earlier when he said that he wasn't going to comment on the controversy as he only comments on matters that affect voters...

She is a very upset bunny...

Last edited:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
My wife is angry - but not only is she angry - but now with all those making excuses for Cummings she is actually getting very upset. She has contained and managed the upset she felt for herself, her mum, and our children at not being able to be with her mum on her mum's 90th birthday last Monday. How did she manage to do that? By telling herself and our children that the rules are there to be followed. We need to stick to them no matter how upset at the situation, that not being with Nan on her 90th was just how it is.

My son popped 17miles down the road to her from his home in Sheffield - and he stood in the drive while my M-i-L stood in her doorway and he wished her happy birthday. He desperately wanted to give her a big hug, and I am sure she felt the same towards him. But they couldn't - because the rules said we shouldn't.

So when my wife hears the arrogance of Cummings on this, and excuses being made for Cummings on 'common sense' or 'have a heart/emotional' grounds - well she is incandescent with them - and very upset. And I can only imagine how so very, very upset many who have lost loved ones over the last two months will be on hearing such excuses and government ministers standing being Cummings. And she lost it with Dave Davies earlier when he said that he wasn't going to comment on the controversy as he only comments on matters that affect voters...

She is a very upset bunny...

She is not the only one, my Mrs has taken to shouting and swearing at certain far right Tory politicians on the telly.
For someone who never swore before 2016 and seldom raised her voice, that takes some getting used to.:eek:

D

Deleted member 16999

It's pretty clear that Cummings broke the rules which does beg another question. Should all the government ministers who are currently misrepresenting the public health guidelines and effectively undermining our entire strategy against the pandemic in order to defend him also resign?
If they cave on cummings, jenrick has to go, the only thing that’ll save face is if he resigns and going by his comments this morning I can’t see that happening either.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's pretty clear that Cummings broke the rules which does beg another question. Should all the government ministers who are currently misrepresenting the public health guidelines and effectively undermining our entire strategy against the pandemic in order to defend him also resign?
That's a rather extreme suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.