Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Didn't the Scottish first minister just announce unlimited exercise in Scotland?

So after all her noise, nothing is actually different between her and BJ's strategy as we speak?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Don't think the message about being able to travel to other locations was overly helpful without a distance limitation; he appears to have granted permission for some of the antics we saw this weekend.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
lol they were an utter shambles running an election campaign, infighting for fun, couldnt even work out the key areas to campaign on, but wouldve been 100% faultless dealing with a pandemic of levels weve never seen before if you believe some of the posters on here, a little balance wouldnt go amiss
I don’t think they would have handled this situation perfectly, look worldwide and no one has got 100% right. I am not sure whether there was some fact stifling from the Chinese at the beginning..but that could be cleared up later. The key is to learn and have a future strategy ... like stopping flights in and out earlier, plus more regimented quarantining .. but all of this is for later

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't think the message about being able to travel to other locations was overly helpful without a distance limitation; he appears to have granted permission for some of the antics we saw this weekend.
Can we drive up to chesterfield next week for my mother in laws 90th birthday and join her in her local park observing the necessary 2m physical separation?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Keir Starmer playing pathetic politics

We want one message across the UK - well tell Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to stop doing their own thing
We don't want to hear so many contrasting views - blame the media and look in the mirror then.

By all means have a different opinion but then don't blame the Government because those different views are out there.

You might want to re think that with NI, Wales and Scotland telling England to stop doing their own thing.:unsure:
We would only have one contrasting view then and it would make UK wide issues much easier.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
My lad is not happy as he's having to go into the office tomorrow to receive a delivery... Now it's looking like he'll be having to compete for road space with thousands of others... Which wasn't part of the plan when made on Friday...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Didn't the Scottish witch just say announce unlimited exercise in Scotland?

So after all her noise, nothing is actually different between her and BJ's strategy as we speak?
The Scottish witch? Really?

I suppose in a similar vein after that statement one could refer to the Prime Minister as that well known Scottish pantomime character in Aladdin - Wishee Washee (the loveable eejit in the panto)

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can we drive up to chesterfield next week for my mother in laws 90th birthday and join her in her local park observing the necessary 2m physical separation?

I'd say yes.

Anyway, am I alone in thinking he spoke quite well?
Yes maybe some vague instructions, but surely you can't expect him to state every little detail, that will come in good time from the correct bodies.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
She's currently giving a great interview off the back of Boris' recorded statement and seems to be bending over backwards to avoid criticising what he's doing. With the exception that she is emphasising that on everything he covered other than quarantine for incoming travellers he only speaks for England and those changes don't apply here. Which is true.

And had she done that, and not gone to press before the PM's announcement, then that would have been better.

Frankly I find it ridiculous that we have the Prime Minister of the UK making announcements that are then contradicted by the First Ministers of other parts of the union. It should either be one united front or 4 separate countries making individual announcements, not the half-arsed arrangement we currently have. Either devolve properly or not at all.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
I'd say yes.

Anyway, am I alone in thinking he spoke quite well?
Yes maybe some vague instructions, but surely you can't expect him to state every little detail, that will come in good time from the correct bodies.

I would agree, but for some detail. The travel for example; how difficult would it have been to say within a 25 mile radius, or whatever distance was deemed appropriate?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
And had she done that, and not gone to press before the PM's announcement, then that would have been better.

Frankly I find it ridiculous that we have the Prime Minister of the UK making announcements that are then contradicted by the First Ministers of other parts of the union. It should either be one united front or 4 separate countries making individual announcements, not the half-arsed arrangement we currently have. Either devolve properly or not at all.
Surely the best thing would have been for him to brief the Scottish and Welsh leaders before the daily mail...

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You might want to re think that with NI, Wales and Scotland telling England to stop doing their own thing.:unsure:
We would only have one contrasting view then and it would make UK wide issues much easier.

OK - Boris Johnson is Prime Minister of THE UNITED KINGDOM. So how about the other three areas stop doing their own thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.