Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
I would seem you haven't heard (or understood) what they were saying then. And your usage of "witch" is pure sexism, please stop that.

It's not sexism at all, don't play that card, it lessens actual sexism when it occurs. I strongly disliked her when I lived in Edinburgh and I strongly dislike her now.

Can you explain the differences between Scotland and English plans next week, as I clearly don't understand?

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not sexism at all, don't play that card, it lessens actual sexism when it occurs. I strongly disliked her when I lived in Edinburgh and I strongly dislike her now.

Can you explain the differences between Scotland and English plans next week, as I clearly don't understand?

Scotland are not encouraging anyone to go back to work, you can't sit around and sunbathe etc. in the park, you can't drive to another destination to spend time outdoors and you can't play sports. All these things will be allowed in England but still not allowed in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I'd say yes.

Anyway, am I alone in thinking he spoke quite well?
Yes maybe some vague instructions, but surely you can't expect him to state every little detail, that will come in good time from the correct bodies.

Yes, exactly. Anyone confused by what he said is being obtuse.
He cannot, as you say, state every little detail and he did say there would be more detail in HoC tomorrow.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Maybe if they weren't making their announcements before him he might? :unsure:
Seriously??? The announcements were in the press before sturgeon kicked off.
She also said (which noone has denied, so I think we can assume it to be true) that there had been no consultation.
There's a long list of things I don't like about the way Sturgeon operates, but this is poor by Johnson imho.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Seriously??? The announcements were in the press before sturgeon kicked off.
She also said (which noone has denied, so I think we can assume it to be true) that there had been no consultation.
There's a long list of things I don't like about the way Sturgeon operates, but this is poor by Johnson imho.

Well if he is only speaking for England what does it matter if he doesn't consult with them?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I would agree, but for some detail. The travel for example; how difficult would it have been to say within a 25 mile radius, or whatever distance was deemed appropriate?
Does sound like it’s fine for us to be driving the 170miles or so to my M-I-Ls next week to see her on her 90th birthday - then pop 25miles up the road to Sheffield to see our son.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I found what he said was often contradictory, vague and liable to promote people having to make their own minds up on what they can or should do and when. They will no doubt clarify things tomorrow or maybe confuse them more, surely it would have been better to say we will stay as we are and bring in new rules from a week tomorrow.
I really dont understand how people can make their own minds up whether to go to work in the morning or whether safety precautions will be in place, surely it's up to Employeers to notify their employees first.

Not impressed at all.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Does sound like it’s fine for us to be driving the 170miles or so to my M-I-Ls next week to see her on her 90th birthday - then pop 25miles up the road to Sheffield to see our son.
Surely he would make the 25 mile effort to see his family for such a special occasion.

Hope you are able to travel, have a great day, and wish her happy 90th.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did he not say for exercise? Ultimately it is down to you and your conscience. If the police stop you on the motorway do you think your case will stand up or will they see it as a major bending of the rules?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I found what he said was often contradictory, vague and liable to promote people having to make their own minds up on what they can or should do and when. They will no doubt clarify things tomorrow or maybe confuse them more, surely it would have been better to say we will stay as we are and bring in new rules from a week tomorrow.
I really dont understand how people can make their own minds up whether to go to work in the morning or whether safety precautions will be in place, surely it's up to Employeers to notify their employees first.

Not impressed at all.
100% agree - my Mrs has just muttered that that was utterly hopeless and very confusing - the main thing she got from it was that he might just as well have said ‘if you want to go out and catch the virus - well on you go - fill your boots...’

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think it's important to see exactly what Boris says in the HoC tomorrow and then what questions he gets asked and how he responds. I agree he couldn't go into infinite details tonight but do think he'll make it far clearer tomorrow. I am nervous about the publics response to the new message being put out and we're still making provisions at work for a secondary spike.

Status
Not open for further replies.