Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which merely makes your choice to criticise even more bizarre.

And I’m not going to apologise for saying this. Two weeks on jury service or eleven, neither come close to making you even remotely knowledgable about modern policing.

29 years as a police officer on the other hand...........

?
I think you will find it was you who started the criticism with the Cobblers jibe!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
You’re quite old to need to look up the definition for apathy but the word isn’t always used in its harshest terms. In this case it was just to point out your apathy in allowing the government to do things unquestioned, which is undeniably your view here. If you’re so easily offended I would suggest you don’t discuss such weighty matters.

You really are incredibly rude and superior. Perhaps you should pay more attention to my posts where I have questioned the government although that doesn't fit your remit to be downright obnoxious at every opportunity to anyone who has a different viewpoint to you. I may be quite old but you act like a child.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
You really are incredibly rude and superior. Perhaps you should pay more attention to my posts where I have questioned the government although that doesn't fit your remit to be downright obnoxious at every opportunity to anyone who has a different viewpoint to you. I may be quite old but you act like a child.
Anyone who thinks that the government’s mistakes shouldn’t be highlighted is a moron. Quite simple really. The government are here to serve us, and they’ve failed us.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I absolutely accept people have a right to criticise. But when it goes beyond criticism to the point where someone maintains they are right, and that a huge amount of job related experience counts for nothing, it really grinds my gears.

I’m a grizzled old cop I’m afraid, and when it comes to customer service in the face of criticism which is very often unwarranted, I’m afraid the sunny disposition and cheery smile was beaten out of me some time ago.

I should avoid political threads - when they start to involve my job they invariably become bad for my health and, as a direct consequence, everyone else’s.
What a load of boll.”:
I was having a discussion with someone else about speed cameras. ( which he dosnt want to debate after asking the very question.)
You stuck your size nines in because I said “ I havnt seen a copper around my way”
Maybe I am out of date with police procedure.
But the “cobblers “ opener from you is not the best way to educate someone and just puts them on the front foot for an argument.
I am right there are no cops by me.
All the experience in the world for you won’t change that fact.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What a load of boll.”:
I was having a discussion with someone else about speed cameras. ( which he dosnt want to debate after asking the very question.)
You stuck your size nines in because I said “ I havnt seen a copper around my way”
Maybe I am out of date with police procedure.
But the “cobblers “ opener from you is not the best way to educate someone and just puts them on the front foot for an argument.
All the experience in the world for you won’t change that fact.
How many times do I have to explain the discussion wasnt about speed cameras, it was about people breaking distancing rules, you turned it into cameras, I only used speeding along with other things to explain how fining people is a deterent ?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
And anyone who thinks that they are the only ones who are right seem to be reverting to type.
If you believe the government has done a single thing wrong, surely you believe it should be looked at and questioned by the general public who are being served by the government?

I don’t get this mantra of unending faith in a clearly flawed, bent government.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How many times do I have to explain the discussion wasnt about speed cameras, it was about people breaking distancing rules, you turned it into cameras, I only used speeding along with other things to explain how fining people is a deterent ?
About the same as me telling you .
You asked a direct question which I answered .
What’s your problem with that?
If you don’t want your questions answered your going to have to say so before some one does.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Not attending the meetings early on

Not imposing lockdown earlier when it was clear it was necessary

Not having stockpiles of PPE (not specifically Boris but the tories have been in power long enough that it’s their fault)

Not actually imposing lockdown, it’s blatantly obvious a large number of people have ignored the rules

How many more do you want before you admit he’s not handled it perfectly

I think you missed not shutting down more businesses that are not essential or closing our borders and quarantining all passengers for 14 days.

How about not being more direct. How about giving the police the ability to fine those who break lock down with large fines.

The big issue is mixed messages from government tied in with a media who only want clicks and will say and do anything for them even if that is bad for us and the country.

Initially i was happy but I feel as it has gone on they have done poorly and are far too wishy washy.

I am sat here with my neighbours opposite having a party with 2 visitors, 1 a family of 5 with 3 kids and the other a family of 3. I would like someone to come round and fine the ******* a large amount but we know nothing will happen.

Weak on everything.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looked extremely like a park in Hackney, the area that the police posted that they were fighting a losing battle trying to clear. It's in the link I attached.

And yes you are making it up; because nowhere does that film footage show anyone going home; it follows no-one to their front door. They will appear to clear up, walk a little way in the opposite direction & set up again. If the police stop to directly deal with one family, the issuing of the tickets & paperwork will buy everyone else half an hour in the sun. If one lot refuse details then the police either walk away or they arrest them, which takes them out of the park for the rest of the day, buying the whole park a free one. If you want to stop that, you go down mob handed, clear the entire park in one sweep, post bodies at the entry points & have a few roving patrols inside to catch anyone that's bunked in over the fence. I know this first hand.

If you think what you saw in that video was a park being successfully cleared then you really do not have a clue as to how this sort of thing works.
The film-shot I saw was a van being driven in a park with a Policewoman in the passenger seat speaking through a sound system and people getting up and moving on. I have attached a link with a video showing Police moving people on in a park.
I wont be crass and suggest you dont know how these things work as I dont know you.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/25/sunb...-police-defying-coronavirus-lockdown-12452779

Last edited:

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
I think you missed not shutting down more businesses that are not essential or closing our borders and quarantining all passengers for 14 days.

How about not being more direct. How about giving the police the ability to fine those who break lock down with large fines.

The big issue is mixed messages from government tied in with a media who only want clicks and will say and do anything for them even if that is bad for us and the country.

Initially i was happy but I feel as it has gone on they have done poorly and are far too wishy washy.

I am sat here with my neighbours opposite having a party with 2 visitors, 1 a family of 5 with 3 kids and the other a family of 3. I would like someone to come round and fine the ******* a large amount but we know nothing will happen.

Weak on everything.

I would like to add the Public Transport System mainly in London at the start was handled disgracefully. Be interesting to see how they handle it coming back, I hate using it at the best of times let alone in rush hour but with Covid around...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would like to add the Public Transport System mainly in London at the start was handled disgracefully. Be interesting to see how they handle it coming back, I hate using it at the best of times let alone in rush hour but with Covid around...
I just don’t see how they can until a vaccine is found.
Or they want us back to herd immunity.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i am definitely a believer in give them a rope and see if they can avoid hanging themselves ... looks like the message wasn’t very clear today opening the door to the critics ... Remember bad news travels fast.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
According to the press and speculation... we don’t have any hard evidence that they would have done a poorer job. All we have is the evidence of the present regime.

the election result is all the evidence you need to know how bad they were if they couldnt beat this incompetent lot in a head to head surely?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

We are clearly going to continue to go round and round in circles, which is all rather pointless.

But I would be curious to know if you were doing your best Marty Feldman impression as you typed your last offering. Having one eye on the window and one on your screen is the only way you can tell me for certain who walked or drove by at the crucial moment.

It might just have been the local plod ?.

Think I’ll give this discussion a miss from this point on. It’s unfair on others if it was to be closed because of our polar opposite views.

Status
Not open for further replies.