Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you believe the government has done a single thing wrong, surely you believe it should be looked at and questioned by the general public who are being served by the government?

I don’t get this mantra of unending faith in a clearly flawed, bent government.
There are extremes in how people view the Government. If we consider this as a contuuem with Fully Supporting at the start and Fully Against anything they do at the end, you would sit firmly at the end.
I guess you would consider me at the beginning ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the election result is all the evidence you need to know how bad they were if they couldnt beat this incompetent lot in a head to head surely?
Nah I think it’s just a measure of how well the campaign was fought .. no 1st hand evidence of government running was presented its just the usual lies

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
What an almighty cock-up!

The ITV News has just announced that the pictures they showed of Hackney Fields? park, supposedly being mega busy during lockdown, were actually taken a good while ago.

Pathetic one line apology.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nah I think it’s just a measure of how well the campaign was fought .. no 1st hand evidence of government running was presented its just the usual lies

lol they were an utter shambles running an election campaign, infighting for fun, couldnt even work out the key areas to campaign on, but wouldve been 100% faultless dealing with a pandemic of levels weve never seen before if you believe some of the posters on here, a little balance wouldnt go amiss

D

Deleted member 1740

What an almighty cock-up!

The ITV News has just announced that the pictures they showed of Hackney Fields? park, supposedly being mega busy during lockdown, were actually taken a good while ago.

Pathetic one line apology.

I've just had to listen it three times to make sure what I was hearing was correct. Pathetic.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've just had to listen it three times to make sure what I was hearing was correct. Pathetic.

There was a post that popped up on my FB page this morning showing Bournemouth High St yesterday mid morning, along with another 20+ photos taken from there. Hardly a person in view. Just what is the reality in the UK? On the one hand you get the media saying crowds are everywhere yet... are they?

There were two photos shown yesterday of a queue. One from almost head on, and it looked like there was no social distancing. And the second from 90*, which showed full 2m distancing.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There was a post that popped up on my FB page this morning showing Bournemouth High St yesterday mid morning, along with another 20+ photos taken from there. Hardly a person in view. Just what is the reality in the UK? On the one hand you get the media saying crowds are everywhere yet... are they?

There were two photos shown yesterday of a queue. One from almost head on, and it looked like there was no social distancing. And the second from 90*, which showed full 2m distancing.

High st is completely deserted 5 miles down from bournemouth here, but the beaches have been getting busier (police took over 2 hours to clear Highcliffes yesterday). Probably a good thing the weather has turned and winters back tomorrow tbh

I think its actually quite mixed, some areas are quiet, some are getting busier than would be ideal

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would like to add the Public Transport System mainly in London at the start was handled disgracefully. Be interesting to see how they handle it coming back, I hate using it at the best of times let alone in rush hour but with Covid around...

Isn't public transport in London under the remit of the mayor so not a government decision?

D

Deleted member 1740

Reality locally is there’s not many people about. Roads are relatively quiet although on friday there seemed to be more cars on the road. Ive not been to the local parks as they’re all about 1-2 miles away, but from what I’ve heard it was busy on Friday/Saturday.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
So the big announcement over .. construction can restart .. other things I don't care about

When can we see family?

When the R rate that is currently somewhere between 0.5 and 0.9 gets below 0.6. Or 0.5. Or possibly between 0.7 and 0.3. Keep up. But can I play golf with my wife now?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Mainline stations still empty. Mainline trains empty. Not sure about the tube as I've avoided it.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Keir Starmer playing pathetic politics

We want one message across the UK - well tell Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to stop doing their own thing then.
We don't want to hear so many contrasting views - blame the media and look in the mirror then.

By all means have a different opinion but then don't blame the Government because those different views are out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.