Coronavirus - political views - supporting or otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What can any ‘goverment’ do with the amount of idiots not doing what’s asked off them.
The amount of people flouting the rules is unbelievable.
A family from London travelling to Scotland for a 3 day break, Just one example!!

If that was not weird enough , they were travelling to Motherwell for a 3 day break.:love:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
That's going to be a very difficult tightrope to walk. Maybe I'm too risk averse but it just doesn't seem like we're in a position to start that process yet.

Trouble is that many other countries are going down that path and Boris is a popularist leader, so he needs to be popular with the majority of the population who want the restrictions to be loosened a bit.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Trouble is that many other countries are going down that path and Boris is a popularist leader, so he needs to be popular with the majority of the population who want the restrictions to be loosened a bit.

despite having been criticised by all and sundry for a different approach at the start lol, 6 weeks ago he was a maverick idiot, hes now following the crowd to be popular. surely cant be both can it?

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
despite having been criticised by all and sundry for a different approach at the start lol, 6 weeks ago he was a maverick idiot, hes now following the crowd to be popular. surely cant be both can it?
Not agreeing or disagreeing with HK’s post, but Yes, it’s very possible to be both.

IMO he was too slow to lockdown, and he’s now too quick to lift restrictions (if that’s what he does). It’s almost as though he has another consideration. Not sure what though ?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not agreeing or disagreeing with HK’s post, but Yes, it’s very possible to be both.

IMO he was too slow to lockdown, and he’s now too quick to lift restrictions (if that’s what he does). It’s almost as though he has another consideration. Not sure what though ?

he hasnt lifted anything yet, everyones already crucifying him based on rumours (whilst moaning that they cant play golf simultaneously)

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
he hasnt lifted anything yet, everyones already crucifying him based on rumours (whilst moaning that they cant play golf simultaneously)
I know, but he’s playing that silly political game where they trail something happening via secret briefings and gauge the reaction. They’re not doing that for no reason. I’m too cynical these days so I’m not going to offer an opinion, but whatever happens, it’s too soon to lift restrictions unless you are protecting something else.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know, but he’s playing that silly political game where they trail something happening via secret briefings and gauge the reaction. They’re not doing that for no reason. I’m too cynical these days so I’m not going to offer an opinion, but whatever happens, it’s too soon to lift restrictions unless you are protecting something else.

not going to offer an opinion? you already have (along with everyone else and his dog)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

sorry thought that was an opinion, enjoy the garden

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
sorry thought that was an opinion, enjoy the garden
Ah, ok. Then let me clarify. I’m not going to offer an opinion on why he Might lift restrictions early. I’ll let other, smarter people talk about that if they want to.
Apologies for the vague post originally.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah, ok. Then let me clarify. I’m not going to offer an opinion on why he Might lift restrictions early. I’ll let other, smarter people talk about that if they want to.
Apologies for the vague post originally.

a combination of the science leading it, the economy/jobs, mental health effects and a variety of conspiracy theories I expect :) there again i dont think theyll be relaxed much at all

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The trouble is, we have all become cynical to the point that we believe the media even though they may have nothing to base their knowledge on. Easiest thing in the world for a report to say, "an official source" without backing it up with a name.

PaulS

Visit site
The thing I believe he did wrong is saying in his question time that he was hoping to relax restrictions on Monday - i don’t think he thought that through well at all because the media and public will leap on it.

Since then they have tried to smother the message every day.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I looked right across the figures from UK lockdown day. It almost looks stage managed when you look at the trends in other countries. How could it level out almost from lockdown onwards? Surely those taking it into lockdown would show up as a continued rise in the first few weeks as they and then their family members got it.

Just odd??

As I understand the situation there's a suggestion that most new cases are within or connected with the health and care sectors and the 'R' rate in the general community is much lower. Hence the potential to think about gentling changing controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.