Copthorne Golf club

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Am off on a golfing jaunt to Turkey next month but due to the early Saturday flight will be travelling down and staying in the Gatwick area overnight.

Fancy playing a round of golf on the Friday afternoon/evening rather than twiddling thumbs in the hotel....Copthorne GC is well located for me dropping off my car before heading off to the hotel so was wondering if anyone has played it.....is it worth 3 hours of my time and the £35 green fee?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Played there a couple of times, and would definitely play there again.The new traffic lights even mean you don’t have to risk your life crossing the main road !

Tight in places, lots of trees, and a lot of doglegs.

JustOne used to be a member, but has not been on here for a while.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Sorry for not replying sooner...thanks for the heads up....hopefully will be able to leave work early enough to get 18 in, drop the car off, get to the hotel for dinner and a bottle of vino before extracting myself from bed at 4am to meet up with the rest of the lads (at least I'll have had some kip....they'll be all in a minibus leaving home at 2am...sure they may get 40 winks but it will be punctuated by snoring and wind no doubt following an evening on the beer...definitely advise the driver to keep his windows open!!!).

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As others have said, a very good course and worth your visit. As Richart has mentioned, crossing the road used to be a nightmare.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Wouldn't call it 'great' but certainly well worth a visit. Certainly some good and challenging holes. I used to play it often on my way home from work in Tunbridge Wells many years ago - though preferred Chartham Park as it only cost a Tenner. Lights for the road crossings would have been great back then!

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Good course. Probably wouldn't want to pay more than £30 for an afternoon tee time but assuming you're staying in Copthorne/Crawley, you could do worse.

Tilgate isn't bad and will be cheap. Chartham Park is a good track, though some would dislike how American it feels.