Cooden 2014........ Date for your Diary

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Have had to bring it forward a bit next year due to "holiday" commitments.
Date will be Friday 18th July.
Rob

Good for me Rob and firmly placed in the diary.

I know where I won't be staying next year so I have plenty of time to book a cottage in Bexhill as we really liked the front and area and Max is looking forward to it already ;)

My birthday trip has now moved to Gainsborough :)

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Good for me Rob and firmly placed in the diary.

I know where I won't be staying next year so I have plenty of time to book a cottage in Bexhill as we really liked the front and area and Max is looking forward to it already ;)

My birthday trip has now moved to Gainsborough :)

did you not like Hastings? I prefer Bexhill especially after some refurb at the park and front.......hard to get a cottage to rent but let me know who you are using or what site?

P.S Friday 18th is day 2 of the Open at Royal Liverpool so a great golf week

Fish

Banned
Visit site
did you not like Hastings? I prefer Bexhill especially after some refurb at the park and front.......hard to get a cottage to rent but let me know who you are using or what site?

P.S Friday 18th is day 2 of the Open at Royal Liverpool so a great golf week

I stayed at Beauport Holiday Park which resembled a gypsy site. Slept on the floor all week due to mould, damp and a disgusting mattress in the bedroom, I won't go into the many other reasons the park should be closed down or this reply will be a record length!

Loved it when we went to Bexhill, parked at the top end past the motor racing museum as Max could go on the beach at that end and loved it. Liked the town also, not overly busy so was comfortable to walk around, unlike Eastbourne which was a nightmare. Loved the little town of Rye and we went to Camber Sands 3 times and had the beach to ourselves, fantastic, clean and miles of golden sand, much the same as Winchelsea which we also liked. Hastings was OK but we had to come all the way to St Leonards to let Max on the beach! Found an excellent chippy though in St Leonards (Oceans Eleven) which we made sure we visited every other day, fish & chips made to order, was going to try the Huss but never asked what it was?

There are plenty of cottages for rent in and around Bexhill, you just got to book early which I'll do in the next month ;)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
If you stay in Bexhill Robin, Sam and I can show you the best Indian and Italian restaurants if you fancy it.
The Indian is called "The Chillie Tree" and the Italian is "Trattoria"....both are absolutely spot on.
Similarly, if you need any info on parts of Bexhill you only have to ask. Despite being a step up from Hastings there are still some parts of it best avoided....especially within 50 yards of us
:mmm:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you stay in Bexhill Robin, Sam and I can show you the best Indian and Italian restaurants if you fancy it.
The Indian is called "The Chillie Tree" and the Italian is "Trattoria"....both are absolutely spot on.
Similarly, if you need any info on parts of Bexhill you only have to ask. Despite being a step up from Hastings there are still some parts of it best avoided....especially within 50 yards of us
:mmm:

I remember seeing the Chilli Tree. Thanks, I'll let you know closer the time where were staying or pull on your advice leading up to and prior to booking in case were not sure of the area.

Max loved those new water shoots on the front, he tried to bite them when they shot up out of the ground, had all the kids laughing and got a huge audience and loads of fuss.

I liked those cottages/apartments right on the front where the gardens lead to the actual sea, I'm sure I saw some pictures of those for rent, not sure if their split or both levels are available but to have a garden for Max so he can cock his leg up without us having to walk him first or last thing in the day will be a Brucie.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's in my diary Smiffy.

Not sure about Dhan but please put him in as a probable.

Unlikely Chris will be able to make it, but will confirm in due course.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
So far then, the attendees list is looking like this.....

1 SMIFFY
2 RAY TAYLOR
3 FULL THROTTLE (?)
4 HOBBIT
5 FISH
6 JIMBOO
7 RICHART (?)
8 LEFTIE
9 DHAN (?)
10 CHRIS (?)
11 HERONSGHYLL
12 ROBIN
13 GUY

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I will be limiting the field to 24 runners as this number worked really well this year.

1 smiffy
2 ray taylor
3 full throttle (?)
4 hobbit
5 fish
6 jimboo
7 richart (?)
8 leftie
9 dhan (?)
10 chris (?)
11 heronsghyll
12 robin