Cooden 2014........ Date for your Diary

heronsghyll

Head Pro
Visit site
I will be limiting the field to 24 runners as this number worked really well this year.[/b]

Rob,

For what it is worth - I agree. The 8 x 3 balls worked really well. The time on the course, the length of time for lunch, the time between the pm round and dinner - was spot on.

24 - the ideal number.

Also, a great idea to draw for team partners, after the event, then announce at dinner. Very funny!

Can't wait for next year.

Dave

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Put me down again please Rob, plus my Brother Roy who will be travelling down from the Shetland Isles.
Plus Steve Cole.

Just a thought, it looks like the numbers wanting to join in are going to be more than 24 already, so how about just 9 holes in the am with 18 pm. This would obviously give more time between rounds because unless you are in the earlier groups it's a bit of a rush for the later groups getting and then eating lunch.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the chance to play 36 holes in a day, but this year it took a bit of the shine off the day for me having to rush between rounds.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just a thought, it looks like the numbers wanting to join in are going to be more than 24 already, so how about just 9 holes in the am with 18 pm.

Hi Chris. The only problem with playing 9 holes at Cooden is that the 9th green is miles away from the Clubhouse mate. I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers at the moment. Prior to this years meeting I think we were up to about 34 or 35 at one time but I know that people will pull out nearer to the day. I can always utilise a two tee start if necessary by getting a few groups to tee off the 14th. But as I say, don't worry about it at the moment
;)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Chris. The only problem with playing 9 holes at Cooden is that the 9th green is miles away from the Clubhouse mate. I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers at the moment. Prior to this years meeting I think we were up to about 34 or 35 at one time but I know that people will pull out nearer to the day. I can always utilise a two tee start if necessary by getting a few groups to tee off the 14th. But as I say, don't worry about it at the moment
;)

Ok mate, no worries.

It does seem to becoming very popular - 23 names within 2 days! :eek:

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After my brother (Golfmmad) telling me what a good course Cooden is,and the banters always good I would like to put in for this meet numbers permitting.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
....that's one hell of a trip to play Cooden!!!

Not really!
Helicopter pick up from the front lawn at home..... and touchdown beside the practice green onto the little chipping area. Easy peasey!
:p
AND... home before Hobbit's half way home! :whistle:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Not really!
Helicopter pick up from the front lawn at home..... and touchdown beside the practice green onto the little chipping area. Easy peasey!
:p
AND... home before Hobbit's half way home! :whistle:

Hate you already.... unless you can pick me up :)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
1 smiffy
2 ray taylor
3 full throttle
4 hobbit
5 fish
6 jimboo
7 richart (?)
8 leftie
9 dhan
10 chris (?)
11 heronsghyll
12 robin
13 guy
14 richardc
15 charlie
16 sawtooth (?)
17 justone
18 wookie
19 paperboy
20 LIG
21 rickg
22 bratty
23 golfmmad
24 steve cole
25 Evahakool
26 pn wokingham
27 blue in munich

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Stick me as a possible please. Need to try and sort leave out but can't book that far in advance

Don't bother Homer.
You've let me down too many times.
And just a tip.....when I send you a gentle, nicely worded reminder about a forthcoming meet that you have your name down for, and ask you to confirm your attendance, next time please reply with more than the two words "not playing!".
I spend a lot of time organising these events and a response like that doesn't sit too kindly with me.
No explanation, no apology. Just "not playing!".
Total cock.