Considering how addicted we are to this..............

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Nope, full of wannabe pukes matey. Anyone that feels they need to put pics up and live online needs to be taken into the reqal world and given a public shoeing.

Was that too strong?

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Know what you mean. I have a member of staff that lives her life on facebook, including knocking (polite version) the owners publically on there.

Have to admit that I'm on there, mainly as a way of keeping in touch with friends that are spread far and wide. But it's all the 'add ons' that I hate about it.

It's okay though Brendy, none taken!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
We have a few younger members of staff who lived on it, I was instructed by a director to ban all of the sites and strangle access to the internet for them as it was very unproductive.
I dont mind forums, they are places you can check in on every day (or a couple of times a day) but a place which is full of your pictures, crap text speak and "friends" who havent even been in the same county ever before is a bit sickening to me.
HH, Skype is a far better method of staying in touch, as far as I can remember you can do conference calls etc too for free.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am, it is excellent for keeping in touch with uni mates and friends in different countries, also good for a bit of flirting.

People do knock it but its by far the easiest way to arrange things and keep in touch.

My profile is set to private so that none of my student's can try and add me "as a friend"

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Brendy.

I also use Skype to speak to the 'old man' who's out in France for 6 months of the year, which is free. But like a forum, FB does have it's uses for non spoken dialogue. I've also 'hooked up' with some old school chums. Always interesting to see how everyone turned out!

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am one of the only people I know not to bother with Bebo, Myspace or Facebook or whatever new thing they make. A mate of mine has an account for 9 websites that all serve the same 'social networking' purpose and it is such a waste of time in my opinion. I would need a lot of persuading to join up to any of them.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am one of the only people I know not to bother with Bebo, Myspace or Facebook or whatever new thing they make. A mate of mine has an account for 9 websites that all serve the same 'social networking' purpose and it is such a waste of time in my opinion. I would need a lot of persuading to join up to any of them.

you'll soon know another one!

my partners grandaughter lives breathes, and sleeps facebook and msn. it's a pity really as otherwise she's a reasonably intelligent 18 year old.