Competition Entry fee includes 2's Club

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone's Club operate this way?
If 'yes', is it for all Comps or just weekend?
Any disadvantages/advantages noticed?
Problems?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Does anyone's Club operate this way?
If 'yes', is it for all Comps or just weekend?
Any disadvantages/advantages noticed?
Problems?

No. Two's is run separately by the pro shop. We're just about to introduce paying comp entry via the club bar card which requires two separate accounts on it, one for comps and one for food/drinks. Will be interesting to see how that pans out. Can see it being overly complicated and many forgetting to top up their competition account. I would think any 2's would and should be separate as not everyone would want to enter it

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
No. Two's is run separately by the pro shop. We're just about to introduce paying comp entry via the club bar card which requires two separate accounts on it, one for comps and one for food/drinks. Will be interesting to see how that pans out. Can see it being overly complicated and many forgetting to top up their competition account. I would think any 2's would and should be separate as not everyone would want to enter it

Ours works this way and it works very well. It won't suit everyone but when does it.

For us it's Comp entry, then optional two's. Which 99% of the field does enter.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We pay separately but I usually don't do it as I buy balls in bulk and figure the money I save pays a lot towards them

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can opt out at our place. Some of the old boys do as some say it’s made for the low hc’s To clean up. This is a minority though...

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have £1.50 Medal entry then optional £1 to enter each of the following: scratch (2 divisions), handicap sweeps and 2s.

2s money goes into pro shop account and can be used to purchase anything.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
After signing into main comp you have an option to sign in for twos for £1 , winnings go onto pro shop account , last one was worth £16.50 :)

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
At our club you can deduct comp entry from your card or pay in cash. 2s are optional and it's a couple of quid I think.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Two's are optional, paid on your card after entering the comp via the computer. Winnings go back on the card.

Not everyone enters as our par 3's are all a little long. If the wind is up then I don't bother either, for this very reason. The par 3's are a weakness imo.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Optional in club comps and free in seniors comps.

Club gets cash you on your account and seniors gets you balls which sometimes can be converted to cash on your pro shop a/c.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Comp fees are automatically deducted off the members account/bar card. 2's comp entry and its fee is an added seperate option and non compulsory.

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
£5 for the comp and 2's.

I believe you can opt out of the 2's but I never have and everyone I've ever played with has been in the 2's. Our par 3's aren't too long and we do get quite a few 2s but as everyone normally enters the money is pretty good

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
No charge for any of the competitions and optional £2 for two's and £2 for the sweep.
I tend to think of my entry for the two's is more of a contribution to other entrants coffers :mad:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Separate - only enter if you want to. £1 to enter and usually winnings of £16-£20 per 2 - put onto our Shop Account (which can be used for comp entries as well as shop purchases)

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Two’s are separate and are cash in the Pro shop.

We briefly had a comp account and a bar account off a club card. Complete waste of time, now it’s a single account which works much better.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
£4 entry fee at our place of which £1 automatically goes into the 2's pot....in reality the 2's entry is optional.....but in 17 years membership I've never known a single person to refuse to pay.

Whilst it is probably fair (having had a quick peruse of comp results from this past year) to say that the players who score 2's tend to be at the lower end of the handicap scale (relative to the overall entry demographic) there have been a couple of occasions where only 1 two has been recorded and 18+ handicap players have walked away with the entire pot.

I guess that entry into the 2's sweep at our place is pretty much part of the fabric of the club....all money won goes into the club shop (which isan integral part of the club and not run by a pro for his sole benefit) and players often spend what they have "in the book" as part of a larger purchase....which in turn helps the shop and the club to prosper.

Last edited: