Cobra hybrid 3 VS 2

WEBS007

Visit site
Ive just got the Cobra Speed zone hybrid 3....tested it out at the shop and hit about 198 carry to about 210 yards on average......I was hitting the ball higher than expected......It flew well and went fairly straight.

I was thinking whether it was worth swapping it for a Hybrid 2 17 degrees ( mine is 19 degrees ) and wondered whether that would give me 20 yards extra due to lower flight and better roll, but wondered if it would be as easy to hit ?

I would say I would miss a tight fairway 1 out of 12 hits with the Hybrid 3 and wondered if the 17 degree would give me the same results or would it be worse ?

Cant find a place to try one so its decide before you try !!!

-WEBS

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Even when I was a really good striker of the ball, a 17* hybrid didn't go further (in still conditions) than a 19*. It was merely a lower flight.
What is your current 'lower' loft club - and distance? Could be worth having a 'gapping session' with a Pro. And I'm not convinced that filling a seemingly 'large' gap at the top end of a bag is as important as getting gaps right with irons/wedges - aka the scoring shots - unless you have a hole/holes that frequently need that particular distance!

WEBS007

Visit site
Hi,

At the range I was hitting ( the version that says what it would be with a real ball ) about 198 carry and up to 210....It was flying very high......I hit a 8 iron about 153

wanted the Hybrid to Tee off on a few holes on my local course thats quite narrow and wouldn't want to take a driver and on par 5 where a good drive will leave 230 and have an putside chance of hitting the green or at least front edge of green for 3rd shot.

The Hybrid 3 seems so easy to hit and wanted the 17 degrees for that extra 10 yards but worried I wont hit as straight or consistent with it. is the 2 degrees less going to make much of a distance to the feeling and straightness ?