Cobra advice

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help. I contacted Cobra as I have a set of Fly Z+ irons and on the back there are thin strips of rubber which are coming off some of the irons. I contacted Cobra who said I need to take them to a retailer to send back and it was likely that they would need to be 're-headed' with a newer version. They couldn't tell me the cost and said it would need to be discussed with the retailer. Does anyone have any idea how much this may cost or has it happened to them before?

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted member 21258

The thin rubber strip on the back, near the middle of the head.

I notice a few months ago when I looked at of my sons irons it was coming away(sorry didn't look to see if it was more than just that one iron), looks like it is just there for 'show', so didn't bother doing anything about it, especially as the irons are getting old.

Why are you looking to pay to send them back ?(interested to hear)

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
The thin rubber strip on the back, near the middle of the head.

I notice a few months ago when I looked at of my sons irons it was coming away(sorry didn't look to see if it was more than just that one iron), looks like it is just there for 'show', so didn't bother doing anything about it, especially as the irons are getting old.

Why are you looking to pay to send them back ?(interested to hear)

Yes, pretty much exactly what you've said. It looks like there is one big piece that is at the top, across the middle and the thick part at the bottom.

I love the irons and didn't want them to get any worse so just contacted them to see what they could do.

Attachments

• IMG_20190919_141726.jpg
    IMG_20190919_141726.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 15

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have them (and love them) and the same thing has happened to mine. Can't really be arsed to send them back (got them from clubhouse) and will probably just glue them back on. I don't think there is any effect on playability.

The replacement for the fly z plus it's the forged tour. It's essentially the same club.

For me, they are a great blend of good looking, great sound/feel with plenty of forgiveness. If they were a more heavily marketed brand they're be classics. I prefer them to all the iterations of ap2 which I have hit.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Since the irons are probably too old to be covered by any kind of warranty anyway, so you'd have to pay dearly for the new heads and repairs, and the rubber strips seem to be cosmetic more than imortant for the stability/functionality of the club, can't you just super glue them back in place? It's what I would do. At least try. Since Cobra said they would have to exchange the club heads for a newer model anyway, what have you got to lose?

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Since the irons are probably too old to be covered by any kind of warranty anyway, so you'd have to pay dearly for the new heads and repairs, and the rubber strips seem to be cosmetic more than imortant for the stability/functionality of the club, can't you just super glue them back in place? It's what I would do. At least try. Since Cobra said they would have to exchange the club heads for a newer model anyway, what have you got to lose?

Or pull the rubber bits off totally and use some Hamerite black paint to fill in.

D

Deleted member 21258

Yes, pretty much exactly what you've said. It looks like there is one big piece that is at the top, across the middle and the thick part at the bottom.

I love the irons and didn't want them to get any worse so just contacted them to see what they could do.

That is exactly the same as the one I noticed of my sons, will have a look later out of my interest on how many have done it.

EDIT All the irons have done the same, the little rubber trim lugs have broken and therefore lifted

Last edited by a moderator: