clubs for a 23 handicapper

boycey1985

Medal Winner
Visit site
still looking for some new clubs and have gone off the idea of the mx 100s would like the mx200s but a bit out the price range. iv heard the cobra fps are a good club for this handicap and the price is good to. has anybody used or got these clubs wot are they like?

FourRight

Medal Winner
Visit site
Boycey.

The Cobra S9's where clubs that I brought after comming back to the game 2 years ago.

They are fantastic Irons. You get a high launch and they are very forgiving. I also hit the FP's when I was being custom fitted, and from what I can remember they where also very nice.

Best advise is to get out there and hit them, and make sure it is somewhere where you can see the ball flight.

I would also say it is worth paying extra to get them C/F, I certainly saw the benefit with my clubs.

slugger

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am of similar handicap to you and play with MX900s from a couple of years ago. They're a great set of clubs. Forged but forgiving and the long irons are more hybrid like (but still look more like an iron - this changed in the MX950s). You can get them for £250 now if you look around. I got mine for 300 just over a year ago.

love them.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hi boycey1985
Like you i started off above the20 mark. i bought a setof wilson staff DI7 i didnt get custom fit as im 5 10 and most off the shelf clubs are made for this fit.
I played well with them from day 1. there long and now that the Di9's are out you'd get them pretty handy.
Im a big fan of wilson gear but to be honest beggars cant be choosers and all there gear is reasonably priced they do the same job as callaway's TM's Ping Cobras in my mind.
But golf is like owning cars at time people just want the Badge.......

Jahmoo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think you need to try before you buy, otherise you will mess up your game altogether. What works for some will not always work for others.

I would recomend a 2nd hand set also, as by the time you get get to your mid teens, you will be looking to change again...maybe.

Go to a well stocked Pro-Shop and try a few, see if they have any offers on 2nd Hand gear, but also try new and go with what you like.