Clubs around Gullane, suggestions

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm up in scotland this weekend and I've got a spare saturday morning up in scotland, in the Gullane area. Now I know there are some cracking top courses along the coast, but on a budget and with only a month and a half experience, any suggested courses to give a crack while i'm in the area? Anywhere between edinburgh and dunbar seems sensible.

Really looking for one you aren't going to find down south, to make the most of the trip!

Mugs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Gullane 3 will suit you, should get a fairly cheap price and will be in good condition also, the course is quite friendly so won’t be too taxing either

Lots of other courses nearby too

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are no bad courses in that neck of three woods. For the less experienced I’d recommend kilspindie which is a cracking wee course.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yeah I'd say Kilspindie based upon what I've seen from neighbouring Craigielaw and from what I've heard from friends who've played it

TBF you're really spoilt for choice there as there are so many great courses on that stretch

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
as someone else said i'd go for Gullane no 3. and i don't think its that expensive.

Not played Kilspindie, so was tempted last time i was down. they wanted almost £70

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
as someone else said i'd go for Gullane no 3. and i don't think its that expensive.

Not played Kilspindie, so was tempted last time i was down. they wanted almost £70

It's a very good golf course but not worth that, short and quirky, round in less than 3 hours if you have a free run and you won't use every club in your bag.

Very good condition though.

Mr Hip

Medal Winner
Visit site
I would go for The Glen also. Interesting course and stunning views across the Firth of Forth. Hang onto your hat if the wind is blowing though! Haddington is also worth a mention. Parkland course and £20 green fee at the moment.