Club V1 Problems

Swango1980

Visit site
I joined a new club yesterday, and then played a round. Before the round, I signed in for a General Play round on their PSI Terminal. After the round, the club house was closed, so could not enter a score.

So, I went on to Today's Golf on howdidido. Once I linked myself to the club, I went to Score Entry. The "Casual Round" appeared, and under siad Signed in on PSI as expected. However, it would not let me click on anything to then enter a score. So, it will appear that I have No Returned to the club (I have e-mailed them to ensure they have my score and explain the issue). Furthermore, I have tried to connect myself to the club on the Club V1 Member Hub, but it currently says "Oops there is a problem".

So, is anyone else finding there is a problem with Club V1 today / yesterday? Also, if a player was to sign in on PSI, must they enter score on PSI or can they use howdidido Today's Golf?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think you have to enter scores through the same point as signing in..
So sign in through the terminal - you can't enter scores via your mobile..

Swango1980

Visit site
I think you have to enter scores through the same point as signing in..
So sign in through the terminal - you can't enter scores via your mobile..
OK, I'll remember that. It seems my new club closes the club house sometime between 5 and 9pm, so the terminal is no good for Signing In on if club house closed afterwards

wjemather

Visit site
I joined a new club yesterday, and then played a round. Before the round, I signed in for a General Play round on their PSI Terminal. After the round, the club house was closed, so could not enter a score.

So, I went on to Today's Golf on howdidido. Once I linked myself to the club, I went to Score Entry. The "Casual Round" appeared, and under siad Signed in on PSI as expected. However, it would not let me click on anything to then enter a score. So, it will appear that I have No Returned to the club (I have e-mailed them to ensure they have my score and explain the issue). Furthermore, I have tried to connect myself to the club on the Club V1 Member Hub, but it currently says "Oops there is a problem".

So, is anyone else finding there is a problem with Club V1 today / yesterday? Also, if a player was to sign in on PSI, must they enter score on PSI or can they use howdidido Today's Golf?
I would have thought players should be able to pre-register and enter scores on PSI and/or HDID interchangeably (as they can with competition scores) as the systems are linked. It's possible your problem may only affect pre-registering & score entry at a secondary club?

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
I have the Club V1 members app on my phone. I can sign in on that or the Terminal at the club and then enter scores on my app. I can also use the HDID on my iPad to do the same. Having the members app on phone is good as you can sign in on 1st Tee if you forget. Have you confirmed you old club have signed you off as have heard of this causing issues being in the system at two clubs because old one not signed you off.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Just a quick question, are you sure that your club have the V1 members hub add on module We don’t but can still enter scores for casual rounds and comps through HDID.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just a quick question, are you sure that your club have the V1 members hub add on module We don’t but can still enter scores for casual rounds and comps through HDID.
New club does, yeah. Finally able to link up with it this afternoon.

The manager entered my score from yesterday due to Score Entry not working.

It is lovely being part of a members club with full time staff. Different world.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

The issue is timing - you must register to play and enter the score on the same day. You can register on the PSI terminal or HowDidIDo and put the score in on either system but it must be by the cutoff time for the day.

The Handicap Secretary can add your score later but you can't.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
The issue is timing - you must register to play and enter the score on the same day. You can register on the PSI terminal or HowDidIDo and put the score in on either system but it must be by the cutoff time for the day.

^^^this

Swango1980

Visit site

I tried to enter the score on the same day. So, the issue was definitely not timing

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm sure the *volunteers* at your previous club appreciate the sentiment :rolleyes:
I was one of those volunteers, I was handicap sec. And, as such, I know exactly how hard it has been without full time staff. The role was eating into my professional and personal life, especially with all the extra work in keeping on top of general play rounds. Had I worked at club full time, it would have been a breeze.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Location of score entry was at home. However, it was via howdidido, not MyEG, so location has never been an issue before.
i know Scottish Golf are making it a requirement of licensing that apps have to be GPS enabled like the SG App is, so it could be they've added the upgrade?

Swango1980

Visit site
i know Scottish Golf are making it a requirement of licensing that apps have to be GPS enabled like the SG App is, so it could be they've added the upgrade?
I doubt it, sure I would have heard about it. The MyEG App requires a player to be near the course to register, but not sure same applies to Score Entry. Not sure why a player would need to be near the course to enter score anyway? If they did and forgot to do so, or could not for whatever reason, it would then make it impossible for them to do so later in day when they get the chance.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
I doubt it, sure I would have heard about it. The MyEG App requires a player to be near the course to register, but not sure same applies to Score Entry. Not sure why a player would need to be near the course to enter score anyway? If they did and forgot to do so, or could not for whatever reason, it would then make it impossible for them to do so later in day when they get the chance.
We used HDID last year before the SG app came along, folks would play on a Sunday morning, by Monday night some still with no scores in. Now you can't do that.

When there were no Apps, did you take your card home and come back with it hours later? That's why.

Swango1980

Visit site
We used HDID last year before the SG app came along, folks would play on a Sunday morning, by Monday night some still with no scores in. Now you can't do that.

When there were no Apps, did you take your card home and come back with it hours later? That's why.
Howdidido, again as far as I am aware, only allows Score Entry on the same day as the round is played. It just does not matter where you are when you enter that score. Clearly, if a player fails to do that, then it is a No Return and the Committee need to chase the player to get that score (which I had to do regularly as handicap secretary)

When there were no Apps, do you mean before WHS? Players would generally simply throw it in the box at the club after round, or may bring it home and submit it a few days later. There was no real issue with this, as there was no need for it to be entered before midnight. The only issue, of course, is if they subsequently played in a competition before handing in a supplementary score that would have given them a cut. But, given so few cards were really ever handed in back in those days, I never remember this being an issue. And, if it was, then it would need to be dealt with accordingly.

If you were talking about a competition pre WHS, then if a player took their card home it would be a No Return and DQ from the comp.

The issue with demanding the score be entered at the club is that, if the player is unable to (in a rush, internet connection down or poor, forgets, etc), then they will simply be unable to enter the score. That is going to cause a lot of headaches, with Committees having to constantly chase players for scores. If they can enter it at home, at least it gives them ample time to submit those scores before midnight.

The one advantage I can see of having to be near the course for both pre reg and score entry is that it should normally ensure players have done both correctly. Only having to be near the course to pre-reg means that a player could technically do this after their round, go home and enter their score 3 or 4 hours later. Anyone checking these after would be non the wiser, unless they actually knew when the player teed off.

Last edited: