Club V1 - Do Not schedule any comps for AFTER WHS transition date

Swango1980

Visit site
I just got a message from one of the Committee at my club who happened to find some info from Club Systems saying that no qualifiers should be played post 2nd November, to dive the time to settle down.

So, I went on to Club V1, clicked on one of the advertisements to do with WHS. Couldn't find this info exactly, but if I scrolled down it did say no competitions at all should be scheduled for after the transition date, as the competition templates still need to be updated.

Are clubs not organising any comps through their ISVs (or at least Club V1) for after the transition date? Is it something you thought about at all? I must say, I'd have been none the wiser had the member not mentioned it. I don't exacty make a habit of clicking on website advertisements

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Club V1
Can clubs create competitions now for after the transition date?

We would advise against creating competitions due to take place after the transition date as there will be updates to the competition templates to be compatible with WHS. We will contact clubs before each country’s switchover when the new WHS version of ClubV1 will become accessible, allowing creation of future competitions.

Swango1980

Visit site
Club V1

We would advise against creating competitions due to take place after the transition date as there will be updates to the competition templates to be compatible with WHS. We will contact clubs before each country’s switchover when the new WHS version of ClubV1 will become accessible, allowing creation of future competitions.
Yes, that is what I was referring to in my 2nd paragraph

YandaB

Visit site
Club V1

So does this mean that not everyone is switching on the 2nd November?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
So does this mean that not everyone is switching on the 2nd November?
Not necessarily. It seems that the comps cannot be set up and processed to closure in V1. They could be set up manually and played but the results processed later with the comp having been set up when the correct templates are available.

RichardP

Visit site
The text you have quoted has been taken from a document meant for club committees.

No one is saying that you can't hold competitions after the 2nd November. Only that if you plan to do so, as most clubs will, you don't set them up in advance in your software yet. Basically, competitions set up in the ClubV1 software too early will have the CONGU rules applied. Access to the WHS version of the software will be granted in the fortnight prior to the WHS launch.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The text you have quoted has been taken from a document meant for club committees.

No one is saying that you can't hold competitions after the 2nd November. Only that if you plan to do so, as most clubs will, you don't set them up in advance in your software yet. Basically, competitions set up in the ClubV1 software too early will have the CONGU rules applied. Access to the WHS version of the software will be granted in the fortnight prior to the WHS launch.

This, all they are asking is not to set up comps now for dates in Nov and onwards. Those responsible also need to input course rating and slope in the necessary fields in the course set up now.

RichardP

Visit site
Most of Europe will be coming on board next year. South Africa (and some other HNA countrie) are live as are Australia and New Zealand. The US and Argentina were early adopters.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most of Europe will be coming on board next year. South Africa (and some other HNA countrie) are live as are Australia and New Zealand. The US and Argentina were early adopters.
Yes, I was aware of the non Europeans. I know that Finland is on but assumed that meant the rest of EGA were also.